• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers 1st round draft mini breakdown

Verge

10 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I can't remember @Verge are you the guy who has a friend that is a scout? or is that someone else on this board?

Yes---It was funny how this board reacts.  I had a friend who was close to Brandon Beane--BB went to high school where I taught before I taught there.  I used to hear insider stuff from my friend--from Brandon---and post it here as a theory.  I was often blasted by Huddlers with more knowledge...Verge has been right, for the most part, and we should understand that scouts are not making draft decisions--but they have a community--they talk.

I am not suggesting that Brandon revealed classified information, but he would share with my friend insights and insider information about players--I recall that RR and Hurney fell in love with Silatolu because they saw him body slam a 230 lb DE in a DIII game on a video...that turned out well.  When I mentioned that Hurney and Rivera discussed players, some Huddlers blasted me, explaining the process to me in detail.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

What is hilarious is the same morons who said they didn't want Herbert last year are saying they dont want Wilson this year. He is going to be the next Aaron Rogers and I want him even if we have to trade up

I am guessing that we have to be talking to the Jets if we have 1 player not named Lawrence that we must have.  And for a QB, I get it.  pull the string.

This is going to sound crazy, but what if...

We realize that signing all 3 WRs here in the next year or so is problematic.  The Jets want to take a look at Darnold with some weapons, so they are open to a trade back.

We send DJ Moore, #8,  #40 and a first rounder next year to NY for #2.  Would you do it?

NY needs WRs, they can draft a QB and OL help immediately--and they would have an established WR.

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Yes---It was funny how this board reacts.  I had a friend who was close to Brandon Beane--BB went to high school where I taught before I taught there.  I used to hear insider stuff from my friend--from Brandon---and post it here as a theory.  I was often blasted by Huddlers with more knowledge...Verge has been right, for the most part, and we should understand that scouts are not making draft decisions--but they have a community--they talk.

I am not suggesting that Brandon revealed classified information, but he would share with my friend insights and insider information about players--I recall that RR and Hurney fell in love with Silatolu because they saw him body slam a 230 lb DE in a DIII game on a video...that turned out well.  When I mentioned that Hurney and Rivera discussed players, some Huddlers blasted me, explaining the process to me in detail.

Oh I think you might have misunderstood I LOVE that stuff

And you're totally right, people slammed Verge or whoever for stuff he posts like the scout is making all the final decisions lol 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

We realize that signing all 3 WRs here in the next year or so is problematic.  The Jets want to take a look at Darnold with some weapons, so they are open to a trade back.

We send DJ Moore, #8,  #40 and a first rounder next year to NY for #2.  Would you do it?

NY needs WRs, they can draft a QB and OL help immediately--and they would have an established WR.

hell no

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

Oh I think you might have misunderstood I LOVE that stuff

And you're totally right, people slammed Verge or whoever for stuff he posts like the scout is making all the final decisions lol 

No--I got where you were coming from---it just made me think.....I went off on a tangent!Distraction Interruption GIF by StickerGiant

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

too pricy for my blood, that would be something I'd offer for Watson (which Houston should say no to but they might be dumb enough to accept)