• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dolphins' GM commits to Tua in '21

LinvilleGorge

We want to be clear: Tua is our starter and we are pleased with his development," Grier reiterated, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2085534

Here's my question...

Did the #3 overall pick just get put on the auction block? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'd have no issues sitting tight and taking Sewell or Chase, but...

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Can’t imagine any other reason to make this statement unless someone directly asked the question.  Of course they’re committed to Tua. 

It may have draft implications. If the Dolphins don't trade down, they won't be drafting a QB! Perhaps they'd be more amenable to a trade because they don't need a QB, or maybe they'll get Tua some more weapons like Chase or Smith (which is what I believe will happen)!

I'm a charlotte native living up in buckeye country. Can't stand Ohio State but I gotta tell ya that Justin Fields as a pro prospect has been growing on me a ton lately. I would not mind one bit if we gave up a ton to move up and get him

clearly we aren't getitng anywhere with Teddy. We have a superstar RB, a star WR in the making, and a young talented D. let's not waste it on Teddy, move up and get fields imo

For the record, I'm fine with targeting someone and going to get them. I'm not sure who that someone should be but if I had to name a name right now it's be Zach Wilson for me.  But if we target Fields or Lance, whatever. Just go get me a damn QB. As much as I love Howell, he's still a year away and this overall QB class is almost certainly much stronger than next year's and we are sitting on the 8th overall pick. Gotta go get a guy this year IMO.

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We want to be clear: Tua is our starter and we are pleased with his development," Grier reiterated, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi

Here's my question...

Did the #3 overall pick just get put on the auction block? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they'd have no issues sitting tight and taking Sewell or Chase, but...

Yes it did. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

For the record, I'm fine with targeting someone and going to get them. I'm not sure who that someone should be but if I had to name a name right now it's be Zach Wilson for me.  But if we target Fields or Lance, whatever. Just go get me a damn QB. As much as I love Howell, he's still a year away and this overall QB class is almost certainly much stronger than next year's and we are sitting on the 8th overall pick. Gotta go get a guy this year IMO.

If we targeted Lance, I seriously doubt we'd need to trade up to number three to get him.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's my question...

I don't believe anything I hear this time of year, its not like he is going to bad mouth his rookie QB.

Even if they want Sewell or Chase they should still pretend to be willing to trade it so Atlanta might trade with them if Atlanta wants a QB.

In theory Miami could get a 2nd from Atlanta and still get Sewell, that is if Atlanta wants a QB enough.

Archived