• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated GM Update

Mr. Scot

8 minutes ago, Ship said:

So Beane worked under Hurney for how many years? And Hurney hired Rhule? And Hurney sucks? 

Beane was actually working in operations as a logistics guy under Marty. Gettleman brought him over into the personnel side.

But yes, Marty sucks. And it's got little to do with Brandon Beane and a lot more to do with the fact that he built only three winning teams in fifteen years.

A GM's primary job is to field a winning football team. Shall we check Hurney's record?

giphy.gif

Oh my... 107-133.

The Carolina Panthers literally have a losing overall record because of the Marty Hurney years. The organization actually has an overall combined winning record outside of the Hurney years.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A GM's primary job is to field a winning football team. Shall we check Hurney's record?

giphy.gif

Oh my... 107-133.

The Carolina Panthers literally have a losing overall record because of the Marty Hurney years. The organization actually has an overall combined winning record outside of the Hurney years.

But that's okay because he picked good in the first round.

Right? :thinking:

3 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Well, look how many people are still wanting to interview Josh McDaniel now that he's stiffed a couple teams.

(Spoiler alert: nobody)

McDaniels has some baggage in his history.

Dodds history is pretty much nothing but success.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

Technically Bean was working under DG when he got his GM gig. Tepper hired Rhule with Hurney backing it. And yes Hurney sucks, not completely but close enough to be irrelevant in difference.

Beane was with the Panthers since 98. He worked under Hurney for a very long time and was interim GM after Hurney was fired. He worked with DG for 3-4 years. Hurney did tons of great things for the Panthers. Stop trying to take things from him to fit your narrative

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Beane was actually working in operations as a logistics guy under Marty. Gettleman brought him over into the personnel side.

But yes, Marty sucks. And it's got little to do with Brandon Beane and a lot more to do with the fact that he built only three winning teams in fifteen years.

Right. Who was interim GM before DG got here again? 

7 minutes ago, Ship said:

Beane was with the Panthers since 98. He worked under Hurney for a very long time and was interim GM after Hurney was fired. He worked with DG for 3-4 years. Hurney did tons of great things for the Panthers. Stop trying to take things from him to fit your narrative

You really want to still try and defend Marty? 

Wow :)

Dude, he's fired, and he deserved to be.

14 minutes ago, Ship said:

Matt Stafford Sport GIF by Bleacher Report

Hurney did some good, like I originally posted, but next to the full list that resulted in failure and 2 completely earned firings, it doesn't matter. He sucks, fact. Backed up with his stat of total record and 3 winning seasons over 14 years. I also think you may be forgetting some of the stuff JR did and how closely Hurney worked with JR during those incidents. The list goes on and on. He was a bad GM. I do choose to focus on the negative with Hurney, he earned it. Fug him, I sat through his crap way too long and I truly love the fact he is no longer associated with the Panthers and will not be coming back for a 3rd run of losing.

You know who got Bean in front of cameras in his first press conference that I know of? DG. Also, look at Scotts post. DG, a personnel guy, oversaw his development on that side, then promoted him and saw him move to the Bills. How much of which is irrelevant because Hurney is still and will always be a loser. 

I'm good with Dobbs or Peters and think both would be a HR with Rhule. I know there is a connection with Peters and Rhule but don't think so with Dobbs. Please pick one and let's start winning Super Bowls instead of worrying about who we are going to take with the 8th pick every other year.

Archived