• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated GM Update

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I read when it's worth reading. That generally excludes your posts. 

As to Marty, it's real simple.

He's gone.

He's...gone.

He's gone...because he was terrible, and pretty much everybody knows that. Heck, the day he was fired the board launched a three day long party to celebrate.

But best of all, he's never coming back.

As to Gettlemann, that argument is now over. He was far more successful as GM here than Marty was. Their win-loss records make that clear, and now any chance Marty had to catch up has gone out the door along with him.

You can try to make the idiotic argument to credit Marty for Dave's success if you want, but I have no interest in reading it. It's one of the stupidest things that gets posted on this board, but even if it gets posted a hundred times more, it doesn't matter.

The argument is over.

He's gone.

Now, if you still want to spend a million words trying to defend Marty just so you can try to tell yourself that you're smarter than the other people on this board, feel free. Personally, I find egotists like that boring which is why your posts don't interest me. Speaking of which, you'll probably say you didn't read this, which will be hilarious because you'll basically be owning yourself by copying me. But then, if you admit to reading it, well, I win either way.

Bottom line though...

He's gone.

He's not coming back.

The stink of Jerry Richardson is finally off this team.

And I'm happy.

I get that me (and others who disagree with you) being happy bothers you because it hurts your ego, but I really don't care.

Things are good.

Dude, Gettleman sucks and he’s gone...get over it. It’s been almost 4 years. Damn, I thought you were finally over it but clearly there are still some unresolved daddy issues.

Remind me, who was your insider source who told you that Hurney tried to draft Brad Kaaya in 2017 (when Gettleman was GM) but the scouts had to talk him out of it? RoaringRiot?

@RoaringRiot you really should be more careful cause Mr. Scot is attaching your name and credibility to some genuinely whacky, nonsensical conspiracy theories.

Btw responding with “Nah I’m not gonna read all that” is the most embarrassing and transparent self-own you can give, so no I will never pretend not to read a post because I can’t address its substance lol. Your “I win either way” attitude is a pretty insightful peek into your immature, juvenile mindset. Seriously? “Winning” on a message board? And I’m the egotist? Lol.

7 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

why are you guys getting into a slap fight over hurney? lol

please announce the new GM soon so we can start bitching about that person instead 

Spoiler alert: I don’t like Hurney and I’m glad he’s gone lol. That’s just the easy strawman that’s assigned to me because people aren’t equipped to engage in substantive nuanced discussion here.

19 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Remind me, who was your insider source who told you that Hurney tried to draft Brad Kaaya in 2017 (when Gettleman was GM) but the scouts had to talk him out of it? RoaringRiot?

Jonathan Jones said so because he worked with Hurney on his radio show and Hurney raved about him

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

Dan Graziano and Jeremy Fowler reporting Saints Jeff Ireland is the name consistency connected to Panthers GM position  

Yeah, Jonathan Jones said that same thing back when the whole process started.

I don't know if he gets the job but I understand the connection.

7 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Spoiler alert: I don’t like Hurney and I’m glad he’s gone lol. That’s just the easy strawman that’s assigned to me because people aren’t equipped to engage in substantive nuanced discussion here.

or...you come into a thread that supposed to be about new GM candidates and have to wade through pages of the same worn out poo about past GMs

9 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

@RoaringRiot you really should be more careful cause Mr. Scot is attaching your name and credibility to some genuinely whacky, nonsensical conspiracy theories.

Amazing you could single out that reference in the tsunami of 2,000 posts made in a single month! 

(60+ posts per day --- hitherto unknown to the people in this area but destined to take the place of the mudshark in your mythology...)

44 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Why? He was terrible with Dolphins. We need Peters or Dobbs and that’s final!

He's been golden running the draft with the Saints though.

That said, my comment was more about the possibility of it than me supporting it.

Archived