• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staff Scorecard

Mr. Scot

So far this offseason, we need to replace...

- our quarterback coach
- the assistant offensive line coach
- an offensive assistant (maybe)
- one pro scout
- possibly an offensive coordinator

...and of course, a general manager.

More scouting and personnel staff turnover is a real possibility for any team that's getting a new GM. But if I'm a scout and I see them hire Jeff Ireland, I might be even more likely to updaty my resumé.

Going in, the GM change was obvious and of course, everybody knew Brady was likely to get interviews, but it's looking like we may get a decent amount more turnover than expected.

2 minutes ago, TSLA said:

I think we need to concentrate more on replacing the QB and TE before the QB and TE coaches. 

In case this is the first season you have followed the NFL, you have the order of events backwards. Common sense should tell you that a GM might be important to building a roster. Free Agents become available in early/mid March. The draft is April 29th.

I'm going to be interested to see what happens with guys like Jeff Morrow and Matt Allen.

Morrow and Rhule guy Pat Stewart basically have the same title, only Morrow has "executive" in front of his. Kinda doubt we have two guys doing the same thing, though Stewart has a chance at getting promoted. Morrow, not so much.

As to Matt Allen, he's Jerry Richardson's grandson. I couldn't tell you whether he's good at his job or not, but I figure up until David Tepper bought the team it probably didn't matter. Does now.

Either or both could probably land in DC if they're let go here.

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Honestly, the defensive coaches and HC were the only ones I was impressed with this season.  I felt like the offensive side of the ball regressed as the season went on.  

I'm guessing a lot of people would agree, but nobody seems interested in stealing any of our defensive coaches.

6 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Honestly, the defensive coaches and HC were the only ones I was impressed with this season.  I felt like the offensive side of the ball regressed as the season went on.  

I think that is a reflection of TB more than the offensive coaching staff.

Archived