• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sunday NFL Playoff Game Chatter

Zod

Just now, Oldmanrivera said:

I don't think this requires justification.

Guy grandstanded on an app, and now he's created a narrative for himself

I don't really have strong feelings about it. Smith, of course, has strong feelings about everything.

A little while back on NFL Network, he was ripping Smith-Schuster a new one, questioning whether he wanted to be a social media star or a football player.

Basically, typical Smitty.

8 minutes ago, chbright said:

Honestly, i don't think the fg negates the field position

One 20 yard pass takes about 7 seconds and eliminates the field position advantage.  But a 16 point lead means two td's (with no mistakes), and two 2 point conversions. I will take that over the field position.  

Of course they made a mistake, Cleveland got another fg, and now its pretty much over.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't really have strong feelings about it. Smith, of course, has strong feelings about everything.

A little while back on NFL Network, he was ripping Smith-Schuster a new one, questioning whether he wanted to be a social media star or a football player.

Basically, typical Smitty.

Idk if thats basically smitty. 

At a certain point, couldn't you see nfl stardom being taken over by busts, that just need to create a following? 

I know Jake was terrible in that game, but what still infuriates me even more is John Fox's idiotic stubbornness on defense.

Larry Fitzgerald was all the Cardinals had, and all we had to do was stick Chris Gamble on him to try and shut him down. But nooooo, that would have required adjusting the scheme away from their "left corner, right corner" setup and that was just too damn much to ask.

Ugh :mad:

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know Jake was terrible in that game, but what still infuriates me even more is John Fox's idiotic stubbornness on defense.

Larry Fitzgerald was all the Cardinals had, and all we had to do was stick Chris Gamble on him to try and shut him down. But nooooo, that would have required adjusting the scheme away from their "left corner, right corner" setup and that was just too damn much to ask.

Why do the panthers hate the qb position?

1 minute ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Idk if thats basically smitty. 

At a certain point, couldn't you see nfl stardom being taken over by busts, that just need to create a following? 

Typical Smitty because it's the same kind of thing he said to guys like Dwayne Jarrett and Drew Carter.

The quickest way to piss Smith off back then was to not work as hard as he did. Truth be told, it probably still is.

3 minutes ago, Oldmanrivera said:

Why do the panthers hate the qb position?

I don't know about the Panthers, but I do know John Fox didn't believe in franchise quarterbacks, and he sure as hell didn't care about developing them.

Fox's preferred method was to get a quarterback somebody else had already developed by free agency.

He was said to be royally pissed when they spent a high draft pick on Jimmy Clausen.

(to be fair, he was right in that particular case)

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It is what it is.

Pretty sure Big Ben has the most pass attempts in a playoff game by now.

Archived