• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pederson fired by Eagles

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, TSLA said:

I think it’s more of a possibility that the Falcons interview Pederson than Brady/Eagles. Falcons have shown that they’re not afraid to spend money and assets to get who they want. Arthur Blank is actually one off the few owners in the league that tries to win year in and year out. I respect him for that. Brady and the Eagles have no real connection at all. Brady will be calling plays for his QB Teddy Bridgwater in 2021. 

The Falcons have already completed their interviews. Per reports right now they're trying to judge the best fit between GM and coach.

Terry Fontenot and Joe Brady are getting a lot of buzz there.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Remember Wentz got butt Hurts (see what I did there) when they drafted Jalen in the 2nd round.  You can't move the guy with that overly bloated contract and you want to poor more salt on the wound by taking ANOTHER QB?  It...ain't...happening...people!

Even rich salt can't be poured on the wound......

Just now, TSLA said:

Yes, but that was before Pederson was fired. You bet Blank will be taking a deep look into Pederson. 

It's possible. I'm just not sure he will.

Pederson's best bets are likely places where he has old friends, like Kansas City (Andy Reid) and New York (Joe Douglas), with New York being the better opportunity because they can offer a head coaching spot.

1 hour ago, Growl said:

probably diminishes the chance the eagles take a QB, you don't do this unless you're considering mending the fence with Wentz 

^This

Feels a little like the team chose the QB over the coach.  Also I would guess if most owners sign off on a huge contract for their start QB, they want it to work.

Will be interesting to see if making it work will be part of the requirement for the new coach.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Still, how bad do things have to be for you to get fired just three years after winning it all?

Doug Williams dropped in to say hello.

No, he wasn't the coach, but....

And, by the way, Pederson will be a coordinator somewhere. Doubt he'll get another HC gig just yet.

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

Foles or was their a Folds in the Philly QB mix?  Serious question as I don't follow the Iggles.

It was Ben Folds. But Philly quickly learned he sucked as a QB, then found out they got the wrong guy. Was supposed to be Nick Foles. He ultimately won a Super Bowl, but Ben Folds, having felt disrespected by the Eagles, decided to go into music instead.

But then, someone in Chicago heard of Ben Folds and liked his music and the next thing you know, Nick Foles is playing QB in Chicago. Nobody friggin' knows anymore....

Archived