• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "narrowing the field"

Mr. Scot

Well that is a lot of interesting information. I guess that explains why the search has been so exhaustive. Rhule and Tepper disagree on the guy. That would also mesh with what was reported about hiring a couple of guys. Tepper can get his "outside the box" guy and Rhule can get his personnel guy. 

Moving on from Teddy??? Whaaaaaat? But I was told we didn't need a QB. I guess the owner and coaching staff feel differently....

Real talk, I wouldn't be upset to see Brady as HC in Atlanta. I don't think that would work out very well. However, it would suck to lose him after just one year.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m in the minority but I want Brady gone this year so we don’t draft a qb that just fits his specific system. Because Brady is going to be leaving shortly if it’s not this year. I want to draft a talented qb not a system qb. Makes me feel like we might draft someone like Mac Jones instead of Trey Lance. Maybe I’m wrong. Brady vouching for teddy leaves a horrible taste. Bye.

Yep, I said as much a few days ago. If he's planning to use us as a quick stepping stool then I'd just as well he go sooner rather than later.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well that is a lot of interesting information. I guess that explains why the search has been so exhaustive. Rhule and Tepper disagree on the guy. That would also mesh with what was reported about hiring a couple of guys. Tepper can get his "outside the box" guy and Rhule can get his personnel guy.

As long as Matt Rhule's guy is the one in the GM chair, I can live with that.

I just want Peters.  Thinking outside the box is good, but I feel like Tepper might be overthinking a bit here.  His ability to find late round talent has been great and something we sorely need if we want to compete soon.  We have Suleiman to help with contracts and money issues.  Give me the talent guy.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As long as Matt Rhule's guy is the one in the GM chair, I can live with that.

Yeah, I trust his football knowledge a lot more than Tepper. I am okay with having some outside the box guys in the organization but I don't know if I want them making the decisions. That is kind of how we ended up with guys like Gaulden, Greg Little, etc. Also how the Raiders ended up with every underwear Olympics winner for years in a row. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He reminded people of Sean McVay.

It’s such a bad comparison in my opinion. McVay had two more years at OC and 5 more NFL years. I think Brady’s going to have a really rough transition. McVay had so much more experience even though he was young as well. He’d likely been through multiple drafts and off seasons. Brady’s main off-season in his one year as OC was the CV-19 blow up year.

Since he’s going to the Falcons he can fug off and it could be fun watching him flounder. I wonder if Rhule and Co have cut him off from the draft prep.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I trust his football knowledge a lot more than Tepper. I am okay with having some outside the box guys in the organization but I don't know if I want them making the decisions. That is kind of how we ended up with guys like Gaulden, Greg Little, etc. Also how the Raiders ended up with every underwear Olympics winner for years in a row. 

Damn, I’d already forgotten about Gaulden.  What a horrible pick.  Ironically, despite his horrible combine stats, Gaulden is now on the Raiders 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It’s such a bad comparison in my opinion. McVay had two more years at OC and 5 more NFL years. I think Brady’s going to have a really rough transition. McVay had so much more experience even though he was young as well. He’d likely been through multiple drafts and off seasons. Brady’s main off-season in his one year as OC was the CV-19 blow up year.

Since he’s going to the Falcons he can fug off and it could be fun watching him flounder. I wonder if Rhule and Co have cut him off from the draft prep.

Yeah, people are digging a little deep on Brady, IMO. He has some great potential, no question about it but I don't think he is nearly ready for a head coaching gig in the NFL. I'd be worried I got Josh McDaniels instead of Sean McVay. And that is with McDaniels having WAY more NFL experience. 

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I'd agree.

But you know how these things work...

46 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And one final note: Joe Brady heading to Atlanta as their head coach is a very real possibility.

I just do not understand this.  At all.  It literally makes no sense to me.  How in the hell can a franchise expect him to have the knowledge on being a head coach and all that it involves?

Archived