• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

3 minutes ago, Growl said:

it's hard not to feel like we just missed out on the best candidates because of this "pioneering" new structure tepper wants to implement

obviously there's no way of knowing how Peters or Dodds would've turned out, but there was a clear gap in resume and in perception of their abilities from league people verses the field, and our cutesy operating method appears to be the barrier between this getting done

Maybe. Time will tell.

I do think Tepper is a bit too enamored with Rhule right now, but we'll see how it all turns out.

32 minutes ago, Growl said:

And continues to filter them out so he can chase this fairytale of being the guy "who changed the system" 

either that or we go with ossenfort because tepper is bitter about losing caserio and really wants to hire the next patriots guy in line in true noob owner fashion

What do you mean 'filter them out'. We can only hire one GM, of course you have to filter them out

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

To be clear, from what I've read about Adam Peters, I don't think collaboration with Matt Rhule would have been any sort of problem.

Also worth mentioning that Joe Person said if we hired a traditional talent evaluator in the GM spot, that guy was going to be give from final say on the roster.

I don't necessarily buy Tepper is the problem in this case.

To be honest, my first thought is that he really loves his current job and location and probably knows that he could be the GM there soon enough.

Is he planning on railroading John Lynch? Because Lynch is only 49.

With all that said, Jones is still the only one I see reporting that Peters is out. Not to knock jones, but I know sometimes he gets stuff from LaCanfora so I'd feel more comfortable if this was being said elsewhere.

Breer and Rapoport do seem to think that we're moving towards Fitterer, who I'm sure will be known here as "Fitty" if he gets the job.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Is he planning on railroading John Lynch? Because Lynch is only 49.

No, but there are some fans who think they should.

Peters is only 41. He certainly doesn't need to be in a rush. Heck, Eric DeCosta waited forever behind Ozzie Newsome.

Did y'all know that San Jose actually considered promoting Peters to GM before the season and promoting/"promoting" John Lynch out of the position? This for a team coming off a super bowl appearance

It feels like there should be an obvious front runner here

Just now, Growl said:

Did y'all know that San Jose actually considered promoting Peters to GM before the season and promoting/"promoting" John Lynch out of the position? This for a team coming off a super bowl appearance

It feels like there should be an obvious front runner here

I

You're assuming that if it's true and he's out that it was by our choice. Honestly, I think if it's true it's most likely by his choice.

So our owner went and hired a HC on the spot, gave him too much power and now we can't hire the best possible GMs? Rookie move Tepper and now looking pretty dumb to paint himself and the team into that corner. Of course we know who was in the room at the time with him.

I personally don't know much about the other two but I'm not impressed with the NE guy. He gives me the same feels as Brady to HC this year. They both haven't done enough good long enough to justify the move. Hopefully one of the other two are legit.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're assuming that if it's true and he's out that it was by our choice. Honestly, I think if it's true it's most likely by his choice.

and the most likely reasoning being the organizational structure were trying build doesn't fit his tastes

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He might have just been interviewing for leverage to put some pressure on the 9ers. Lobbying for a raise or promotion is a lot easier when it's well known you're in demand elsewhere.

Archived