• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rams at Packers Divisional Thread - Your pick?

Zod

1 minute ago, t96 said:

I really think the Packers and Chiefs are on a collision course for the SB. Even if the league tries to hand the game next week to Brees/Brady the Packers will take care of business. 

Whats better than a super bowl one rematch with probably the two best teams in football?

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

That's offensive play calling right there!

Matt LaFleur doesn't get enough credit for what GB has done these past two years. Yes Rodgers is ridiculous and rightfully the MVP, but LaFleur absolutely turned this team around. Small sample size still but I think he's the most winningest (regular season) HC in league history...NFCCG appearance last year and likely another this year at least.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An unbelievable advantage. Since 1990, 47 of the 60 teams appearing in the Super  Bowl had a playoff bye.  Meanwhile, only 13 of the 232 teams playing in the first round of the playoffs have made it to the Super Bowl. That will change now that there's only one bye team per conference, but under the two team bye rules, you barely had over a 5% chance to make the playoffs if you had to play in the first week.

Playing one less game undoubtedly has to help but it's hard to tease out how much of those numbers can be attributed to the fact that the best teams are the ones that get byes, plus get home field advantage. We can actually control for those variables moving forward. You just compare the number of 2 seeds to make the super bowl in the next 10 years compared to the 2 seeds to make it in the last 10 years. In 10 years from now, I'd definitely be curious to see that data.

3 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Playing one less game undoubtedly has to help but it's hard to tease out how much of those numbers can be attributed to the fact that the best teams are the ones that get byes, plus get home field advantage. We can actually control for those variables moving forward. You just compare the number of 2 seeds to make the super bowl in the next 10 years compared to the 2 seeds to make it in the last 10 years. In 10 years from now, I'd definitely be curious to see that data.

Not necessarily... 2018 Pats got a bye at 11-5, while Chargers got a road game at 12-4... Falcons in 2016 really were not that good and got a bye at 11-5 and made it to the Super Bowl.  I think byes are definitely a huge advantage and the main reason why so many 1 and 2 seeds over the years have made the SB. 

Archived