• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even Texans players are telling Deshaun Watson to get the hell out of Houston

Zod

Even Texans players are telling Deshaun Watson to get the hell out of Houston according to this article...

In Mexico, Watson was hoping to process his deep frustration, unhappy with the direction of the franchise that signed him to that nine-figure deal. He had moved quickly past the 2020 offseason trade of his favorite target and close friend, All-Pro wideout DeAndre Hopkins, the same source said. Of course, Hopkins’s departure greatly impacted the Texans’ offense. But Watson still put up MVP-caliber numbers, finishing the year with a career-high 4,823 passing yards and throwing for 33 touchdowns against only seven interceptions. As he and Watt, two of the most respected players in the NFL, walked off the field following the 41–38 Week 17 loss to the Titans, the final indignity in a 4–12 season, Inside the NFL cameras caught a dejected Watt telling the quarterback, “I'm sorry, we wasted one of your years.” Many players, according to the same sources, felt the same way as Watt—and support Watson’s doing what’s best for himself moving forward.

It really does look like Deshaun Watson's quarterbacking services are up for bidding. 

Also, it is pretty great the Panthers played a part in this turmoil. 

By the time Caserio interviewed with the Panthers, though, they already had strong indications that he was nearing a deal with the Texans. In fact, only hours after the afternoon meeting, news of Caserio to Houston was widespread. While the Panthers never offered—nor had time to offer—Caserio anything more than an interview, the mere appearance of that possibility gave LaMonte the upper hand in negotiations with the Texans. McNair says he did not believe Caserio’s taking the Panthers job was imminent, but he acted quickly because Caserio was “a well-sought-after candidate and had the potential to not be on the market for long.”

If nothing else, this has been a pretty entertaining bit of offseason drama in Houston 

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

I'm in.  But can we outbid the others?  I haven't heard anyone say Carolina as an option in any rumors.

The Texans are going to do everything they can to keep him, but if he does get away from them I don't think it's to us.

Can't blame him for wanting to leave though. That organization is an absolute sh-t show.

They pretty much have to ditch Easterby at this point but there's no sign they're gonna do it. And that's gotta be awkward for Caserio given that Easterby is probably the reason he's there.

What a mess...

Imagine what Watson would do with Robby and DJ (assuming Curtis is gone) and cmc in the backfield.

I’m starting to come around that maybe it would be doable giving up 3 1sts. We have talented young pieces on defense. If we had no first round picks the next 2 years we’d have to really do a good job of getting good quality starters in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. It would be tougher for sure. But Watson covers a lot of ills, offensive line ills especially with his mobility.

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Seems like the Dolphins are such a natural fit there. They can outbid us and can probably afford to sacrifice some picks since their roster looks like a QB away.

Hmm...if I am Miami I keep my assets and go with Tua or draft one at 3 and trade Tua.  That way I ain't paying that huge contract.

Just now, Shocker said:

Hmm...if I am Miami I keep my assets and go with Tua or draft one at 3 and trade Tua.  That way I ain't paying that huge contract.

Watson makes Miami an instant Super Bowl contender. Tua could end up being good but he sure isn't there yet, and taking a chance on a guy at 3 when you could have a top 3 QB is a bad idea. If the Dolphins can get him they're going to want him. This is why you stack assets like they did - it puts them in a golden situation like this.

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

best case scenario for us (rather than getting him) is Dolphins trade Tua and picks for Watson.  If Houston suddenly becomes QB needy, it's just another team that could move in front of us to get one this year.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Dolphins have a natural connection between head coach Brian Flores and Texans GM Nick Caserio from their days with the Patriots. Plus they can offer a young quarterback.

If Watson does manage to force a trade, that'd be a very plausible destination.

Also have two first round picks this year. Tua, #3, #18, and maybe a 2023 first? If Houston has to trade him they might at least listen to that.

5 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Also have two first round picks this year. Tua, #3, #18, and maybe a 2023 first? If Houston has to trade him they might at least listen to that.

Yep. If he's gonna force his way out, that's a deal I take. #3 this year seems like a great spot to take another potential franchise QB.

Archived