• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adam Schefter: Growing sense, DeShaun is done as a Texan. #itshappening

15 minutes ago, kass said:

What other teams could be in the mix? 

Could Rams be one? Goff is a starter but no star. He could have trade value. Houston are not in position to draft a new QB this year. Goff + 1 2022 and 1 2023. And Watson come to a playoff team + in a big market. 

Ravens?  Trade Lamar Jackson. Not high on Lamar, I don't think he will be consistent enough during his career. I would rather have Watson.

Patriots? Houston GM connection, they need a QB. Not sure they have enough draft capital to make the trade. 

Saints?

Falcons have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and a high draft pick. 

21 minutes ago, kass said:

What other teams could be in the mix? 

Could Rams be one? Goff is a starter but no star. He could have trade value. Houston are not in position to draft a new QB this year. Goff + 1 2022 and 1 2023. And Watson come to a playoff team + in a big market. 

Ravens?  Trade Lamar Jackson. Not high on Lamar, I don't think he will be consistent enough during his career. I would rather have Watson.

Patriots? Houston GM connection, they need a QB. Not sure they have enough draft capital to make the trade. 

Saints?

Trade Lamar Jackson??? 

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, Varking said:

Falcons have Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and a high draft pick. 

If I was The Texans my concern would be that Ryan would be needed to be replaced within 4 years. If he is a success, they would pick high...  I would rather take more draft picks or a younger established starter. 

Just now, kass said:

If I was The Texans my concern would be that Ryan would be needed to be replaced within 4 years. If he is a success, they would pick high...  I would rather take more draft picks or a younger established starter. 

I mean if you were the Texans how hard would it be not trading away your best WR, your first round pick in this draft and include your QB in conversations you said you would have? If they are looking for young controllable QB and draft picks Miami makes the most sense. They can flip Tua and have a bunch of picks in the next two drafts. 

If you go to Atlanta you get a legit 1 WR, a legit starting QB and you have the #4 pick in the draft, the 35th pick(?) and 36th pick in this draft? They could then flip the 4 if they want to stick with Ryan to a team that wants 2/4 of the top 4 for even more draft capital. 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Trade Lamar Jackson??? 

What Incredulous GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah, I think he will be inconsistent. Yes Lamar can throw, I know, but he is too much of a running back QB for me.... not how I would want to build my team. I think he is good of course, thats why I did not suggest any picks. 

4 minutes ago, kass said:

Yeah, I think he will be inconsistent. Yes Lamar can throw, I know, but he is too much of a running back QB for me.... not how I would want to build my team. I think he is good of course, thats why I did not suggest any picks. 

That trade will never happen, however.

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

I mean if you were the Texans how hard would it be not trading away your best WR, your first round pick in this draft and include your QB in conversations you said you would have? If they are looking for young controllable QB and draft picks Miami makes the most sense. They can flip Tua and have a bunch of picks in the next two drafts. 

If you go to Atlanta you get a legit 1 WR, a legit starting QB and you have the #4 pick in the draft, the 35th pick(?) and 36th pick in this draft? They could then flip the 4 if they want to stick with Ryan to a team that wants 2/4 of the top 4 for even more draft capital. 

You are right, trade the 4th for more picks. Could be interesting. 

Miami, get back that pick they traded? Not sure how much Tua would be worth. He would then be passed over by two teams.  

Archived