• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scenario: Poll inside.

Ivan The Awesome

Texans want one, who's going?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Texans want to deal Watson for a couple of firsts and one of these players, who's going to Houston?

• Christian McCaffery
    • D.J. Moore
    • Brian Burns

This whole idea that we’d HAVE to send one of our good young players is absolute speculation and grounded in nothing, but if for some reason it works out that way, it’d be Moore imo. Anderson, Samuel and find a WR in the 2nd or 3rd to replace Moore. That that we’d necessarily find someone as good, but it’s possible. Been a lotta really good WRs coming out of the 2nd round and later lately.  Moore would be the easiest to replace

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

I dont want to trade any of our core guys, and if we could retain everyone offensively and add Watson, that will put us way ahead of the game...  but, if we were forced, and as talented as CMC is, at the end of the day, he's a RB, and you can find ways go replace that production a lot easier than you can at Burns or Moore's spot.

29 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I dont want to trade any of our core guys, and if we could retain everyone offensively and add Watson, that will put us way ahead of the game...  but, if we were forced, and as talented as CMC is, at the end of the day, he's a RB, and you can find ways go replace that production a lot easier than you can at Burns or Moore's spot.

You don't think the Texans will think of that?  CMC and 2 firsts will get you laughed at. 

21 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You don't think the Texans will think of that?  CMC and 2 firsts will get you laughed at. 

Considering how dysfunctional they are, I could see them easily viewing CMC as a star to replace Watson with.  But, tbh, I honestly think speculation about player for player swaps is fairly asinine to begin with.  In trades for big time players, it usually almost always only involves draft picks.  And if that's 2 firsts and some seconds, or 3 firsts and filler for Watson, that's fine with me.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Considering how dysfunctional they are, I could see them easily viewing CMC as a star to replace Watson with.  But, tbh, I honestly think speculation about player for player swaps is fairly asinine to begin with.  In trades for big tike players, it usually almost always only involves draft picks.  And if that's 2 first and some seconds, or 3 firsts and filler for Watson, that's fine with me.

That's too rich for my blood.  One bad injury to him and you set the franchise back 5 years.  

• Pie 2

Just now, Jon Snow said:

That's too rich for my blood.  One bad injury to him and you set the franchise back 5 years.  

While I agree it's steep and injuries could ruin any team, it's a risk I want to take.  Scared money don't make money, and he is a bona-fide top 3 QB in this league not even in his prime yet with local ties that will skyrocket national and local interest and re-energize the fanbase.

4 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Why would you trade CMC over Moore? CMC and Watson would benefit each other. Moore is up for a new contract that should pay him handsomely. 

And CMC is a running back coming off a season he only played in a couple of games due to injuries.  RBs shelf life is already among the shortest in the league by position as it is, and we just paid CMC way more than a RB should ever occupy from a cap perspective...  I'd much rather pay Moore with the majority of the offensive cap allocated to Watson, Moore, Anderson, and tackles.  Look at teams who have built their offense around RBs with huge contracts and look how it panned out.  I love CMC, but if someone's gotta go, it would be him due to all these factors listed.

Just now, Proudiddy said:

While I agree it's steep and injuries could ruin any team, it's a risk I want to take.  Scared money don't make money, and he is a bona-fide top 3 QB in this league not even in his prime yet with local ties that will skyrocket national and local interest and re-energize the fanbase.

One player does not make a team.  Winning builds a fan base.  You guys just want a big name kid (not even local) to make you happy, winning is secondary.  It's more of a popularity contest for you.   No one gives a damn who you are if your team is not winning.  Look at the team he is one now. 

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

One player does not make a team.  Winning builds a fan base.  You guys just want a big name kid (not even local) to make you happy, winning is secondary.  It's more of a popularity contest for you.   No one gives a damn who you are if your team is not winning.  Look at the team he is one now. 

Not me at all.  He is a winner, and is one of the few players in the league who can will his team to wins like Cam did.  I only care about winning, and he will put us on the fast track to doing so with the staff and players in place here.  The popularity and interest it would bring is just an additional bonus I mentioned.

17 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not me at all.  He is a winner, and is one of the few players in the league who can will his team to wins like Cam did.  I only care about winning, and he will put us on the fast track to doing so with the staff and players in place here.  The popularity and interest it would bring is just an additional bonus I mentioned.

Well if this does happen and we give up what you guys are willing to give up I do not want to hear the same bitching and moaning when this team continues it's up and down seasons.  Because that star QB will have to win with a handful of good players and the majority of the team being taped together with a bunch of scrubs.  Sound familiar?

How many of you Watson dreamers have looked at our cap?  Any trade we do MUST include Teddy.  I don't know how you make that deal work.

Yes, we can cut KK - will cut KK.  That will help.  We'll cut Weatherly, and that will help a bit.  But we have a (*&#TON of holes to fill.  We have Moton to resign.  

We need a franchise QB . . . Watson is a franchise QB . . . unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do about it.

DeShaun may be willing.  The Texans may be willing . . . ish.  What they won't do is take Bridgewater.  They will rightfully want something much more meaningful.  Two firsts and a player is the starting point.  But we need to unload Bridgewater and they know that, so it will cost us EVEN MORE to do the deal with him involved.