• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Bienemy didn't take himself out of consideration, then at some point you just have to say that something's up with the guy! He must not interview well, or rubs people the wrong way. It's got to be something.

Owner: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"

Eric: "Doing your wife."

• Pie 1
  • The D 3

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Bienemy didn't take himself out of consideration, then at some point you just have to say that something's up with the guy! He must not interview well, or rubs people the wrong way. It's got to be something.

Definitely agree there. That's certainly more likely than a coordinated wide-spread racial bias in NFL hiring like has been suggested. A the end of the day all of these owners just want to win and if they felt Bieniemy would help them win he'd get hired. I do think on the surface he's a great candidate and better than others getting hired, but we're not in on these interviews and don't know the specifics of his qualifications so it's hard for us to say as fans who really know nothing... Still rooting for the guy and if a HC job isn't in his future I hope he continues to help build that dynasty in KC (in years we aren't contending)

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Side Note: If the Texans were to choose Leslie Frazier, our old buddy Eric Washington could be in line for a defensive coordinator job again.

I don't know that it'd be a good idea, but hey...

Wilks is also available. If I were a Bills fan I would not be too excited about either of those guys but I do think Wilks in his 1 year as coordinator here was better than Washington.

Just now, t96 said:

Wilks is also available. If I were a Bills fan I would not be too excited about either of those guys but I do think Wilks in his 1 year as coordinator here was better than Washington.

He actually just took a college job (DC at the University of Missouri).

If I were McDermott though, I'd probably go with Bob Babich.

This is an interesting blurb about it,

Doug Gottlieb: “I talked to three different people in three different front offices last night and I was trying to figure out ‘What’s the deal?’ No one disliked Bienemy, there was nothing in a background check that wouldn’t let you hire him, and there was nothing in regards to somebody you didn’t enjoy the conversation with. Nobody was like ‘I CAN’T WORK WITH THIS GUY.’ But it was interesting because with each different job that I had spoken to somebody about, it felt like the way in which it was described was that it wasn’t that he wasn’t prepared, or that he didn’t have a general plan, it was just that he didn’t have a lot of details to it… I don’t think anyone wants to hire a coach because social media told them to hire a coach, but I don’t think that’s an issue of why he hasn’t gotten a job yet. If people understand the level of preparedness it takes for each of these interviews and the level of detail that most of these places would like to require... Is Dan Campbell a ‘rah-rah’ guy, yeah, but you also have to factor in that the Detroit Lions don’t know who their quarterback is going to be, they had a head coach who thought he knew more than everybody, hadn’t played, and everybody disliked him. So what do you do? You bring in a guy who everybody likes, HAS played, and who just has great positive energy, as was the case with the press conference. Nick Cirianni spent time with Andy Reid too, but the difference was that he was with Frank Reich, who was the one guy who really connected with Carson Wentz, and this was all about Carson Wentz. Every guy I talked to about Bieniemy was like ‘he was good and I can see him becoming a head coach, it’s just for us there wasn’t a lot of detail, and I think it might be because he’s doing too many interviews while still having his other job.’… I would say that’s what’s holding him back from a job. It’s a little bit like Trump for the last six months of his presidency talking about how he has a ‘plan’ for healthcare and he never released it. That’s a little bit like what they felt like with Bieniemy in terms of he had the ‘ideas’ of a plan, but did not seem to have a plan on how to implement that, or in comparison to how the others he was competing against.”

If this is true, it would explain a lot. Perhaps he really doesn't have a detailed plan on becoming a head coach or at least isn't able to communicate it clearly in an interview. That would be a problem.

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yikes, some of yall are still going out of your way to name something other than racism as the reason these blk coaches aren't getting equal opportunities. Sad to see but typical. 

If he wasn't getting the opportunities to get the interviews at multiple places, I'd listen to that argument but why do so many front offices keep passing on him? Maybe he just isn't "there" yet? Didn't Ron have a shitload of interviews before he was prepared enough to ace one?

17 minutes ago, top dawg said:

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've seen suggestions from more than one source that he's not very good at interviewing.

There were (unverified) reports that his interview with the Panthers was a disaster.

Is it really that hard to imagine that Bienemy simply wants to continue the success he is found in KC, and is happy with his position?

As weird as this may sound, I often get the impression that people are pushing for him to be a head coach very badly.

Maybe he simply loves being where he is right now, and isn't actually interested in being a head coach anywhere.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

If he wasn't getting the opportunities to get the interviews at multiple places, I'd listen to that argument but why do so many front offices keep passing on him? Maybe he just isn't "there" yet? Didn't Ron have a shitload of interviews before he was prepared enough to ace one?

Ironic they're both minorities