• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lol Eagles new head HC

CRA

11 hours ago, Floppin said:

Umm what?

David Culley is most definitely not Lebanese. Saleh is of Lebanese descent though.

Ok I should take your word for it I guess and not actual information. Both of his parents are of Lebanese decent. How does that make him African American? That's like calling me Caucasian when both my parents were Native Americans. You racist think your skin color dictates your race. It's pretty pathetic. 

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

Well this is what I read from here (https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sports/nbcsports/report-ravens-wr-coach-david-culley-to-be-hired-as-new-texans-head-coach/2553743/)

Culley is the second minority candidate to be hired this cycle and is the first African-American.

It’s been reported in many places. Here: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/As-NFL-criticized-for-minority-hiring-record-15904274.php

The Houston newspaper called him “black” and so if I made a mistake referring to where he was born, so be it. He’s been considered black in pretty much every report and then I added that Saleh as a Muslim is also considered by many to be a minority hire because I’m pretty sure he is the first.

Also, go fug yourself with your racist baiting. I didn’t assume, I recalled from reading about Bienemy not getting hired. Maybe you should stop assuming that Culley doesn’t consider himself black because he’s light skinned, asshole (referring to you not him).

This is exactly why racist don't think they are racist. Your skin color doesn't dictate your race. Yes he is probably the first Lebanese head football coach. That's great but it doesn't change the fact that no African American was even thought of seriously for a HC spot. It's been over 100 years since slavery ended yet African Americans are still in a country that doesn't want them. They were never meant to be citizens. They were ment for the same fate as my people. Put on reservations and striped of their heritage. 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Ok I should take your word for it I guess and not actual information. Both of his parents are of Lebanese decent. How does that make him African American? That's like calling me Caucasian when both my parents were Native Americans. You racist think your skin color dictates your race. It's pretty pathetic. 

You're a goddamn idiot.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

So funny when people get hit with the truth. I guess all minorities who stand up for their culture are idiots now right? We probably should just sit down and be quite right? 

I apologize for the tone of that message but I was extremely drunk. Regardless it's like you didn't read the any of the replies and just doubled down on your wrong position. Once again- David Culley IS NOT LEBANESE, and NEITHER ARE HIS PARENTS. He's an African American man from Tennessee.  Conversely, Robert Saleh IS Lebanese, as both his parents are Lebanese. This is exactly what he stated and you attacked him for hit, then when we tried to correct you, you doubled down on being wrong. I was in no way arguing against the fact that there needs to be more diversity at the head coaching and executive level in the NFL.

Edited by Floppin

6 hours ago, Floppin said:

I apologize for the tone of that message but I was extremely drunk. Regardless it's like you didn't read the any of the replies and just doubled down on your wrong position. Once again- David Culley IS NOT LEBANESE, and NEITHER ARE HIS PARENTS. He's an African American man from Tennessee.  Conversely, Robert Saleh IS Lebanese, as both his parents are Lebanese. This is exactly what he stated and you attacked him for hit, then when we tried to correct you, you doubled down on being wrong. I was in no way arguing against the fact that there needs to be more diversity at the head coaching and executive level in the NFL.

He is Lebanese. Here is the link and he was born in Michigan.

https://wiki.projecttopics.org/153814-david-culley-wife-and-family-is-he-african-american-ethnicity-explored/index.html/amp

Per the source he has Lebanese parents. Yes he may be of African but Lebanese hold many cultural DNA markers. Some from Europe and some from Africa. Either way he's Lebanese American. 

15 minutes ago, Snake said:

He is Lebanese. Here is the link and he was born in Michigan.

https://wiki.projecttopics.org/153814-david-culley-wife-and-family-is-he-african-american-ethnicity-explored/index.html/amp

Per the source he has Lebanese parents. Yes he may be of African but Lebanese hold many cultural DNA markers. Some from Europe and some from Africa. Either way he's Lebanese American. 

Oh interesting, I have never seen that his parents were lebanese from any other sources or that he was born in michigan. I stand corrected if true but something's not adding up. Pretty much every other source refers to him as african american and born in Sparta Tennessee. Kind of crazy to have two coaches of lebanese descent hired in one cycle if true.