• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance at #8?

NAS

Still think we're going to have to move up.

While some Panthers beat writers seem to think there is a chance at 8.  Most Lions people and Many National people still think the Lions go Lance at 7 if he's there, considering the Lions can get out of Goff next year,  and sit Lance this year.

Additionally, San Fran has been rumored to be in the QB Market.  And word was, thst they were 1 of the strong suitors for Stafford.  So you better believe they will be on the phone with Detroit at Lance there at 7

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

While some Panthers beat writers seem to think there is a chance at 8.  Most Lions people and Many National people still think the Lions go Lance at 7 if he's there, considering the Lions can get out of Goff next year,  and sit Lance this year.

Additionally, San Fran has been rumored to be in the QB Market.  And word was, thst they were 1 of the strong suitors for Stafford.  So you better believe they will be on the phone with Detroit at Lance there at 7

Goff has 2 years guaranteed at close to 30 mil per.    It would be crazy dumb to pick a qb and have to sit him for 2 years.  I think they go wr and see how a change of scenery  does for goff. 

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I bet we have a choice between fields, lance and maybe Wilson now.   I am still not convinced atl is taking a an and the jets may roll with darnold 

Even if that’s true, those two teams will be receiving trade offers

3 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Or us at 8.  Don't count that out.

16 minutes ago, SOJA said:

We are probably going to have to trade up to GUARANTEE a QB is the pick now, however with the Stafford trade I think it is more likely Lance falls to 8. Who do I think we might trade with? The Bengals at 5 are VERY interesting. 

Per this draft chart: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

The capital to move up from 8 to 5 isn't that bad. It would take basically 8th overall, a third and fourth rounder. Let's say the Panthers bet on being better next year, so we trade: 8th, third this year, and a future fourth for 5. 

Here's why this is interesting. Let's assume no one bites on the Jets mega offer and they take Wilson at 2. The Dolphins again will want a king's ransom. Again if no one bites they're forced to take the guy they want (Devonta) at 3. Falcons are interesting because I really have no idea what they do but it is conceivable they DONT go QB because Matt Ryan's deal is an absolute albatross and the worst I've ever seen. 

Suddenly, the fifth pick has Fields and Lance (pick your player). Panthers give the Bengals a chance to still get Sewell/Slater at 8 more than the Colts or 9ers would be able to provide. 

Also you can bet your bottom dollar Fitts is trading back in the second round in this scenario above to reaquire some of the capital it took to move up to 5. Let's say with the WFT who is going to be itching to take their "Greg Little, Everrette Brown" first rounder who is in the second all of a sudden.

Makes sense but you may be underestimating what it will take to trade up to 5. In a normal year, that may be fine but there will likely be competing offers 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

While its a possibility the cost for say the Colts or niners to move up (the 2 qb needy teams) would be a crazy ransom.  From 12 and 21 to 6,7 would be a lot to absorb.  Could happen sure but thats nuts. 

Well considering they were one of the competitive offers in the Stafford thing.

I doubt they hesitate to offer 12 and next years 1st for 7 for starters. 

Edited by ncfan

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Goff has 2 years guaranteed at close to 30 mil per.    It would be crazy dumb to pick a qb and have to sit him for 2 years.  I think they go wr and see how a change of scenery  does for goff. 

You underestimate the value of a QB in the league today.  And you clearly are just reading what the Panthers writers are saying, and not what Detroit people and National people are saying.  Its all aboard taking a QB or trade down in their eyes

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yes.  Better question is what will the huddle reaction be if we trade the 8th pick before it's our turn and one of the huddles top 4 QB's is still on the board?  

LOl, you have to ask? The huddle reaction will be divas and bitchin and moaning and fist pumping no matter what happens.