• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark horse QB option: Derek Carr?

FuFuLamePoo

45 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What out? To keep him it will cost the Panthers 28M in cap space. 23 this year. 5 next.

A team trading for him would have to pay him 17M to be on their team this year. Who is going to pay that for a backup QB who just showed his limited ability? If anything, statements like these pretending that contract isn’t a huge obstacle is something that has been falsely portrayed on here for awhile. 

A: A team trading for TB is paying for a QB that is middle of the road when it comes to contract cost, for a QB its very reasonable. He is the 19th highest paid QB, and will drop lower after this off season. 

B: The third year has a team out see screen shot:
image.png.9912cf3a64b6a67c6aa66336d4ee9b2b.png

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think of McCaffrey more as our version of LaDainian Tomlinson.

Tomlinson had Antonio Gates. We don't even have a true starter.

If you can get Carr with an exchange of first rounders plus a third, maybe you're still in position to draft Pitts?  I dunno, 17th is pretty far down, it's not a question of the talent, Pitts is great, it's a question of position value for a TE.  Still, if you could get Carr and Pitts added to our existing offense you'd have something scary there.  The only question I have about Pitts is "Can he actually block?"

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

If you can get Carr with an exchange of first rounders plus a third, maybe you're still in position to draft Pitts?  I dunno, 17th is pretty far down, it's not a question of the talent, Pitts is great, it's a question of position value for a TE.  Still, if you could get Carr and Pitts added to our existing offense you'd have something scary there.  The only question I have about Pitts is "Can he actually block?"

It's an interesting proposal.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

A: A team trading for TB is paying for a QB that is middle of the road when it comes to contract cost, for a QB its very reasonable. He is the 19th highest paid QB, and will drop lower after this off season. 

B: The third year has a team out see screen shot:
image.png.9912cf3a64b6a67c6aa66336d4ee9b2b.png

19th highest salary, not counting that the only starting QBs on that list making less are on rookie deals. 19th for an average backup QB. Not a starter. 2 years and 42M to get to that OUT. How is that anything but horrible considering you could have gotten his quality of play for 3M or less? Just because someone else who doesn’t understand the salary cap says there is an OUT, doesn’t mean it isn’t an awful contract. Matt Kalil had an out. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t horrible and costly to the team. 

And how is 17M a value to a team trading for him? 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, BrizzMachete said:

Going from teddy to Derek Carr boy that’ll be a horrible start for the Rhule era . Again another QB with a cool arm but can’t win poo . I don’t get it 

"Another QB with a cool arm" . . . in the Rhule era?  Who?  There are only two Rhule era QB's - TB5 and PJ Walker.  Neither of them has anything resembling a good arm.

"I don't get it" . . . well, that's because you haven't watched him.  Go watch him.  I linked the Raiders / Chiefs game earlier in the thread.  He's about the furthest thing from TB5 you could possibly find.  He mobile, makes good decisions, pushes the ball when he can and keeps his eyes downfield until the last possible moment.  Watch him play, don't form an opinion based on what others tell you.

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

"Another QB with a cool arm" . . . in the Rhule era?  Who?  There are only two Rhule era QB's - TB5 and PJ Walker.  Neither of them has anything resembling a good arm.

"I don't get it" . . . well, that's because you haven't watched him.  Go watch him.  I linked the Raiders / Chiefs game earlier in the thread.  He's about the furthest thing from TB5 you could possibly find.  He mobile, makes good decisions, pushes the ball when he can and keeps his eyes downfield until the last possible moment.  Watch him play, don't form an opinion based on what others tell you.

Stop telling me who i have and haven’t watched how would you know if i have or haven’t . You know how many games i sat and watched him fumble away literally or just wasn’t able to get the job done but let me guess just like Stafford it’s not his fault it’s all his other teammates fault . And when i say another qb with a cool arm i was correlated it to the Stafford rumors i thought that would be obvious but continue . He’s a mediocre QB who never even made the playoffs don’t tell me about the cool throws he can make . I want a winner idc how he get it done . That’s my point in all these trade rumors