• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The wrath of Rhule

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If you're anything like your online personal then you're useless. Your next contribution to society, humanity, and existence in general will be your first. Straight up. Try breathing on some plants or something so at least the oxygen wasn't a waste.

Jesus...relax lol.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

They hired Rhule to turn this into a winning franchise. This is how he is doing it. Apparently, this is how he has done it at Baylor and Temple. 

If he gets the same results here, then we have nothing to complain or worry about. This is how he builds a team. Rivera built his differently and folks will have to get accustomed to the new way or move on.

It will take time to get to the prime spot in this arc, but I think we're seeing growth here. This wasn't going to be an overnight fix, although I can't help but think had CMC been healthy, we'd have had four to five more wins over the season.

Give it time.

One interesting thing to see is if he is able to sustain success. That is actually something he has never done as a head coach. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

My first thought was Bill Parcells, but...same thing.

I know he had Tom Coughlin as something of a mentor.

Rhule seems like a softer version of those guys though.

He coaches hard but has the ability to connect with players as well.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

poo gets said in the heat of things but in all my years of management one thing I've learned is that you never outright threaten to fire someone out of emotion. People will move past it, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they don't forget it and they'll definitely remember it if/when another opportunity comes calling.

Totally agree in management which I’ve been in my entire life. Comparing that to things that get said on a football field is not the same at all though. Comparing apples to train wrecks.

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Interesting quote a about the D line coach Rhule fired:

“just wasn’t the right fit in terms of how I want the position played and taught.”

I guess Rhule does fire coaches after all.

Kinda wondered if that might change once he got to the NFL. Didn't take long to find out.

The article notes that Phair was one of the few coaches that didn't have a prior connection to Rhule. I think Pat Meyer was the only other one that applied to.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

One interesting thing to see is if he is able to sustain success. That is actually something he has never done as a head coach. 

I'm not sure we can say if he's been able to sustain success or not. Seems that as a HC, he has taken dumpster fires, fixed them, made them into winners and then been promoted to the next big gig. What happens after he leaves may not have anything to do with him or what he built.

Still, what you say has some wisdom to it. Can a hard nosed coach sustain a team? Does he transform into something different as the culture transforms? I'd like to think that's the plan, but you are right that we don't have any real info to go on for that yet.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Kinda wondered if that might change once he got to the NFL. Didn't take long to find out.

The article notes that Phair was one of the few coaches that didn't have a prior connection to Rhule. I think Pat Meyer was the only other one that applied to.

Rhule took a lot of flak for hiring Baylor and Temple coaches, but I get it now.

With his particular style, hire all new staff that wasn’t familiar with him could have been a disaster. 

The coaching culture in that building is now set and he can bring in whoever and they’ll assimilate.