• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater wins the Art Rooney Sportsmanship Award.

Tbe

12 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

He could cure COVID and cancer and you'd hate him more than Clausen and Weinke? Seems a bit extreme but we're all entitled to our opinions. I think it's a bit emblematic of some of the Huddle histrionics. Bridgewater is a great backup, below average starter. The way some people present him, you'd think he makes Clausen look like Mahomes.

I didn’t say he’s worse than Clausen and Weinke, he’s objectively not. But I like him less because he’s more frustrating to watch. Watching him play the way he plays is more frustrating and less entertaining than the other two because with the other two it was just a lack of talent. Bridgewater has a little more talent than them but plays scared.

He’s the Rivera of QBs. Rivera might have had the most wins of Panthers coaches but he was my least favorite coach in Panthers history because the way he coached was so gd frustrating.  His chicken poo style of coaching wasted the most talent this team has ever had. Under his reign we had the best QB we’ve ever had (by far), the best RB we’ve ever had (by far), the best WR we’ve ever had (by far, and even if he was in the twilight of his career he was still highly productive), and plenty of other bests. 

This year Bridgewater wasted the best offensive skill group this team has ever had at once.  He’s just so gd frustrating to watch.  

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I didn’t say he’s worse than Clausen and Weinke, he’s objectively not. But I like him less because he’s more frustrating to watch. Watching him play the way he plays is more frustrating and less entertaining than the other two because with the other two it was just a lack of talent. Bridgewater has a little more talent than them but plays scared.

He’s the Rivera of QBs. Rivera might have had the most wins of Panthers coaches but he was my least favorite coach in Panthers history because the way he coached was so gd frustrating.  His chicken poo style of coaching wasted the most talent this team has ever had. Under his reign we had the best QB we’ve ever had (by far), the best RB we’ve ever had (by far), the best WR we’ve ever had (by far, and even if he was in the twilight of his career he was still highly productive), and plenty of other bests. 

This year Bridgewater wasted the best offensive skill group this team has ever had at once.  He’s just so gd frustrating to watch.  

I'm with you on a few things, but this isn't the best offensive skill group ever.

First of all CMC didn't really play, and people are over rating Andersen greatly. This group is not better than Smith, Moose, and Davis, or Smith, Olsen, and Williams/Stewart.

I think Moore is going to be great, but he's currently not in the same conversation of Steve Smith. You could argue Samuels belongs with Moose or Olsen, but he's a different skill set that we currently don't have.

I believe this is certainly a skilled group, but more 1 dimensional, and no were close to past offensive lines.

None of that absolves Teddy, but he doesn't need to be tossed under the bus any harder. Plus, we're setting the bar too high for next years rookie if we say that this is the best offensive group in franchise history.

30 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I'm with you on a few things, but this isn't the best offensive skill group ever.

First of all CMC didn't really play, and people are over rating Andersen greatly. This group is not better than Smith, Moose, and Davis, or Smith, Olsen, and Williams/Stewart.

I think Moore is going to be great, but he's currently not in the same conversation of Steve Smith. You could argue Samuels belongs with Moose or Olsen, but he's a different skill set that we currently don't have.

I believe this is certainly a skilled group, but more 1 dimensional, and no were close to past offensive lines.

None of that absolves Teddy, but he doesn't need to be tossed under the bus any harder. Plus, we're setting the bar too high for next years rookie if we say that this is the best offensive group in franchise history.

1v1 none of our guys were the best we’ve ever had or anything but as a group I’d put them against anything we’ve had. Smitty+Moose+whoever isn’t better than Moore, Anderson and Samuel. Just from a scheming point of view, harder to erase three guys than two. I think Anderson was great for what he had to work with. All those passes that were way off target and he hauled in would be drops by almost WRs. I can definitely see the argument that Smitty and whoever wins just cuz Smitty was so good but I think as a full unit this year’s would have been the hardest to defend with a good QB. 

and our Oline wasn’t nearly as good as 08 or some of the older ones but it was a helluva lot better than the previous four years, at least as good as ‘15, and as good or better than any year going back as far as 09 before that.  Not great, but not bad. 

if we retain Samuel, and CMC is back healthy, I think it’s easily the best group we’ve ever had. Our rookie will be well stocked with weapons. Doesn’t mean he HAS to be an all star immediately, sometimes it takes time to learn and that’s ok. But add CMC to this years group and it isnt even close, in my opinion

23 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

1v1 none of our guys were the best we’ve ever had or anything but as a group I’d put them against anything we’ve had. Smitty+Moose+whoever isn’t better than Moore, Anderson and Samuel. Just from a scheming point of view, harder to erase three guys than two. I think Anderson was great for what he had to work with. All those passes that were way off target and he hauled in would be drops by almost WRs. I can definitely see the argument that Smitty and whoever wins just cuz Smitty was so good but I think as a full unit this year’s would have been the hardest to defend with a good QB. 

and our Oline wasn’t nearly as good as 08 or some of the older ones but it was a helluva lot better than the previous four years, at least as good as ‘15, and as good or better than any year going back as far as 09 before that.  Not great, but not bad. 

if we retain Samuel, and CMC is back healthy, I think it’s easily the best group we’ve ever had. Our rookie will be well stocked with weapons. Doesn’t mean he HAS to be an all star immediately, sometimes it takes time to learn and that’s ok. But add CMC to this years group and it isnt even close, in my opinion

I still don't see it. Smitty and Olsen are HoFers IMO, and no one on this currently claim that at this point in their careers. CMC is better than Williams at their best, but CMC didn't play.

Our offensive line still wasn't great this year. They were good enough to be at the line bellow which no one made the playoffs, and Okung was hurt half the season. Without Moton the line is a dumpster fire. Are they better than the last 4 years? I mean may be, but we're pullimg hairs over what the best of bad is.

The one thing which makes past offenses better is how you had to defend them. Moose and Olsen, and even Benjamin before injury, couldn't be defended like these guys can. They're mostly speed guys, were Olsen and Moose used their route running and size like power forwards to grab the ball in possession situations.

None of our current WRs and TEs really do that. That isn't changing with a QB change either.

We have a video game offense were speed is king, but it doesn't translate unless they can get open in space, and that doesn't happen every play in the NFL.

Brady and guys like Gronk were so good together because Gronk add a different type of threat to defend, just like Kelce, or Kittle.

38 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Smitty/Moose/Proehl were absolutely better than this year's corps (one could argue that Moose/Jeffers/Walls in 1999 were just as good as well) and that's not knocking out current guys at all. Your overall premise is reasonable though that the 3 of them with CMC have the most overall talent spread, but even then the '03 group with Davis and Foster were deeper.

• Pie 1

Just now, KSpan said:

Smitty/Moose/Proehl were absolutely better than this year's corps (one could argue that Moose/Jeffers/Walls in 1999 were just as good as well) and that's not knocking out current guys at all. Your overall premise is reasonable though that the 3 of them with CMC have the most overall talent spread, but even then the '03 group with Davis and Foster were deeper.

Oh man I couldn't remember Proehl's name. The mental block was real. His son is in the draft this year!