• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In the wake of Curtis Samuel...

TheCasillas

Rondale Moore is the size of Smitty, plays like Smitty, has that dog in him, and is unbelievable with the ball in his hands. At his size he squats over 600 lbs, and is expected to run low 4.3's. A guy moving that fast, with that kind of shiftiness, and that much power in his legs is a nightmare to tackle.

Speaking of another Moore, Elijah Moore of Ole Miss is another Slot to watch. He can run all routes, has exceptional quickness, and creates separation. Here are options I really like on this very deep draft. This excludes obvious 1st round WR.

Slot options:

Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Dwayne Eskridge, Amon St. Brown, Tutu Atwell, Amari Rodgers, Shi Smith, Dazz Newsome, Demetrick Felton

Outside WR to move DJ to slot:

Terrance Marshall, Tylan Wallace, Josh Palmer, Dyami Brown

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1

I love this player, but a day 1 or 2 pick for a slot WR when we need a LT and CB early is going to be tough.

I have been looking for this kind of player doing some bottom fishing--there are some good slot options this year that makes CurSam expendable.  One that I like TheProcess does not mention, could be there late day 3:

• Pie 3

Unfortunately with the need to rebuild a oline, fix secondary issues, a field general at MLB, three technique pass rusher and that pesky franchise QB problem we have to put some things on the backburner.  Fact is even if we have a A plus perfect draft we still not fill all the needs.  So yeah WR is a luxury but if you view the rebuild as a longer term situation I'm not against a high upside WR.  

• Beer 1

56 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

These receivers are good, but we need to concentrate on the areas of real need:  QB, OL, LB, CB

WR2-3 is well down the list.

I agree 100%, but if he falls to the third round like Smitty did in 2001, and the choice was between a mediocre CB and a game breaker, it would be hard to not take him.

If we sign a free agent QB and grab a LT in the first round, and even though we need a CB and a LB, how do you pass on the player if you think he is the next Smitty?

BPA? 

• Beer 1

I don't see us picking up a WR before the fourth round unless someone inexplicably slides to the point where the value is just overwhelming.

I don't believe the NFL has fully comprehended the actual impact of what they've been doing over the past 10 years making it more and more difficult to defend a WR.  It's clearly made the discrepancy between an elite QB and a good QB much more obvious, and the difference between having a good QB and not having one even more obvious.

Effectively, by changing the rules to allow more WR play, they've elevated the QB position to the point where you just can't compete without a really good one.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, BrianS said:

I don't see us picking up a WR before the fourth round unless someone inexplicably slides to the point where the value is just overwhelming.

I don't believe the NFL has fully comprehended the actual impact of what they've been doing over the past 10 years making it more and more difficult to defend a WR.  It's clearly made the discrepancy between an elite QB and a good QB much more obvious, and the difference between having a good QB and not having one even more obvious.

Effectively, by changing the rules to allow more WR play, they've elevated the QB position to the point where you just can't compete without a really good one.

I think the NFL know exactly what they've done. Their intent was to drive up scoring and that is exactly what has happened.  The prolific statistics we see every year are a result tilting the game in favor of the offense. During the 1977 season Drew Pearson led the league in receiving with 870. He's the last guy to win the crown with less than 1,000.

Some of us old school guys like a good defensive slug fest. The general public...not so much. Most casual fans I spoke with after the last Rams/Pats Super Bowl absolutely HATED that game. They thought it was boring. The Eagles/Pats 41-33 game more to their (and the NFL's liking). With even female fans hooked on fantasy football things will never go back to the old days. If defenses EVER get an advantage, the rules committee will find a way to negate it.

I am surprised that QB is so bad at times. The league has made it so much easier to throw the ball these days.

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

We need a TE so much more than we need another WR. We need o-line more than anything, TE included.

This does not get enough run on this board.  Our TEs were abysmal.  Now everyone wants to talk about TB checking down, and I got frustrated too, but between the WR and the checkdown should be a TE--and we were without.  A dual threat TE would solve a lot of problems.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I think the NFL know exactly what they've done. Their intent was to drive up scoring and that is exactly what has happened.  The prolific statistics we see every year are a result tilting the game in favor of the offense. During the 1977 season Drew Pearson led the league in receiving with 870. He's the last guy to win the crown with less than 1,000.

Some of us old school guys like a good defensive slug fest. The general public...not so much. Most casual fans I spoke with after the last Rams/Pats Super Bowl absolutely HATED that game. They thought it was boring. The Eagles/Pats 41-33 game more to their (and the NFL's liking). With even female fans hooked on fantasy football things will never go back to the old days. If defenses EVER get an advantage, the rules committee will find a way to negate it.

I am surprised that QB is so bad at times. The league has made it so much easier to throw the ball these days.

I think Goodell wanted to promote a high scoring game in Europe, where Soccer and the 0-0 tie is a thing. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

This does not get enough run on this board.  Our TEs were abysmal.  Now everyone wants to talk about TB checking down, and I got frustrated too, but between the WR and the checkdown should be a TE--and we were without.  A dual threat TE would solve a lot of problems.

I think Hunter Long will be there in the 4th and we should snap him up.