• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

Plus the Stafford/Goff deal wasn't a true display of what the market is(not taking away from what Watson would command)

LAR obviously had to overpay and sweeten the deal for Detroit to agree to take on Goff and that contract. It was very much like a typical NBA salary dump trade where a team absorbs someone into their cap for extra picks. Essentially what happened here

24 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

In Tepper's mind, he paid billions for this team, he's in his 60s, he wants a winner, and as long as he's cutting the checks then he's going to get a say.  

He's got a fan's mindset and that's a good thing, unlike Leg Shaver who was just happy to run a family business where everyone can be comfortable.

Yup.

Now that's funny!

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

Plus the Stafford/Goff deal wasn't a true display of what the market is(not taking away from what Watson would command)

LAR obviously had to overpay and sweeten the deal for Detroit to agree to take on Goff and that contract. It was very much like a typical NBA salary dump trade where a team absorbs someone into their cap for extra picks. Essentially what happened here

Judy Batista thinks the Carson Wentz trade could serve as something of a "market correction".

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, bigskypanthersguy said:

My concern is that we just have nothing at offensive line I'm comfortable with.  So, while expensive, if he's our first building piece, so be it, provided we can find other solutions in FA or the draft.

This just sucks.

There are so many holes and I'm as sick of losing as everyone else.

I understand, right there with you. Little cap space with little talent is the worst. I just want some sort of stable OL, before putting a highly invested resource behind it. So many example, recent examples - Luck, Burrow, Carr, CAm, darnold. Each where ruined by awful OLs. I DO NOT what to repeat recent history, Ive learned and aware.

Great part is, with some luck....2022 the panthers will have a stable roster and ready to compete for a playoff spot.

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I understand, right there with you. Little cap space with little talent is the worst. I just want some sort of stable OL, before putting a highly invested resource behind it. So many example, recent examples - Luck, Burrow, Carr, CAm, darnold. Each where ruined by awful OLs. I DO NOT what to repeat recent history, Ive learned and aware.

Great part is, with some luck....2022 the panthers will have a stable roster and ready to compete for a playoff spot.

provided we stay at 8 I'm begging Sewell to fall to us.

Or the next best option.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Judy Batista thinks the Carson Wentz trade could serve as something of a "market correction".

And I think that's an accurate assessment. Everyone has been quick to say "well look what Stafford would cost" yet it would've costed us a lot less if they took our offer. Ours was realistic for the market.

People crying out "well look what Philly only got for Wentz"...well what should they expect from damaged goods essentially with Wentz trying to bounce back from a horrible year. 

3 1's, 2 2's and Teddy is what you likely are looking at or something in that range. I still think that Houston would want DJ to help alleviate the Hopkins trade

1 minute ago, Woody26 said:

And I think that's an accurate assessment. Everyone has been quick to say "well look what Stafford would cost" yet it would've costed us a lot less if they took our offer. Ours was realistic for the market.

People crying out "well look what Philly only got for Wentz"...well what should they expect from damaged goods essentially with Wentz trying to bounce back from a horrible year. 

3 1's, 2 2's and Teddy is what you likely are looking at or something in that range. I still think that Houston would want DJ to help alleviate the Hopkins trade

Deal, so then we keep Samuel

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My thing with Stafford is that we made an aggressive but still reasonable offer.

Obviously it would take more to trade for Watson, but as long as that deal can still be considered "aggressive but reasonable" I'd be fine with it.

If we don't get him under those conditions, that's disappointing but it's not the end of the world.

If we do get him, but it's because Tepper stepped in and directed his football people to do more than they otherwise would have, that might be a good short term outcome but it's a bad precedent for the future.

That's why I didn't put "I hope Tepper isn't one of those aggressively stupid people" which should be everyone's initial thought. He seems to be aggressive but not going to get duped or do anything overly stupid at least at this point he hasn't. Which is the way to be.

He probably has parameters set out for them. I am not a hedge fund manager billionaire but he seems like he would operate similar to that type where he doesn't micro manage but still has the upper/lower limits set.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

Sorry reply to wrong quote. I would say deal