• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will "pay any price" for Watson (via Sportsnaut via PFN)

top dawg

2 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Worst case scenario, the Panthers huddle around 8-8 for 2 years (our years without 1st round picks) and pick up when we get them back.

Watson would be 28 when our 1st rounders return, this is the kind of player you hand Houston a blank check and shut up.

Absolutely, it's such a no brainer it would be a crime if it didn't happen.  We could go 50 years without drafting a QB as good as Watson, easily.  Just ask the Bengals, Lions, Bears, etc

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'll say again what I've said elsewhere.

What on God's green earth does Jack Easterby bring to the table that the Texans would be willing to keep him amidst all this when it's pretty obvious that firing him would be a huge step in the right direction?

Heck, from what I've read, firing him would be a good idea even if none of this had ever happened.

I still think it comes down to Cal's ego.   He knows Easterby is a colossal fug up most likely at this point.    But is he going to have a player school him in front of the nation and tell Cal how to run things? Ego's are weird things.   Human nature says people more often than not will double down on a mistake (Easterby) when poo blows up ang they are called on it. 

I mean this Watson thing shouldn't be a story.  Could be killed tomorrow.   It's hasn't been.  That's Cal.     

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Let’s go

LOL Hell Yes!  I think that the Deshaun/Houston ship has sailed, and then sank to the bottom of the ocean.  They must trade him or face becoming an even bigger embarrassment than they already are.  Houston can say whatever they want to, but Watson is not going to be their QB Week 1 next year.

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

LOL Hell Yes!  I think that the Deshaun/Houston ship has sailed, and then sank to the bottom of the ocean.  They must trade him or face becoming an even bigger embarrassment than they already are.  Houston can say whatever they want to, but Watson is not going to be their QB Week 1 next year.

Yep totally agree

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

I still think it comes down to Cal's ego.   He knows Easterby is a colossal fug up most likely at this point.    But is he going to have a player school him in front of the nation and tell Cal how to run things? Ego's are weird things.   Human nature says people more often than not will double down on a mistake (Easterby) when poo blows up ang they are called on it. 

I mean this Watson thing shouldn't be a story.  Could be killed tomorrow.   It's hasn't been.  That's Cal.     

I definitely believe McNair's ego is heavily involved here.

Caserio's might be too. He likely doesn't want his reputation to hinge on him being the guy that traded away Deshaun Watson.

That's actually part of why I think he won't be traded.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I definitely believe McNair's ego is heavily involved here.

Caserio's might be too. He likely doesn't want his reputation to hinge on him being the guy that traded away Deshaun Watson.

That's actually part of why I think he won't be traded.

I don't really buy the Caserio.   Damage was done before he got there and Watson is already on record about it not being about him.   No one into football is going to think that. 

He can basically come in and get a poo ton for a guy leaving that he had nothing to do with.  A path for him to do okay if he is good at his job. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't really buy the Caserio.   Damage was done before he got there and Watson is already on record about it not being about him.   No one into football is going to think that. 

He can basically come in and get a poo ton for a guy leaving that he had nothing to do with.  A path for him to do okay if he is good at his job. 

A couple of people have pointed out that Caserio spent years spent under Belichick, a guy who pretty much never gave in on anything.

Even if Caserio did ultimately relent though, he'd still have to convince McNair.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

A couple of people have pointed out that Caserio spent years spent under Belichick, a guy who pretty much never gave in on anything.

Even if Caserio did ultimately relent though, he'd still have to convince McNair.

Belichick had no problem parting with players though.  The machine was always more important.