• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All in for Dak

FuFuLamePoo

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Yall are being pedantic with me saying it was perfect which us reasonable. He's historically had a great offensive line and running game and when they gave him elite skill guys he lit up the league. But he's also not as good as the top guys in the league and yall know it, which i understand bc you're starving for a QB. Hea had the benefit  of playing there with that stability his entire career and yes he's been good but c'mon now. Don't oversell his abilities bc we in bad shape. 

I have to agree with this. Dak is not worth the type of contract he is going to receive. This is Kirk Cousins all over again. If we cant get Watson, lets see who we can draft. I know Teddy was bad but not bad enough to put Dak on some sort of pedestal. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yall are being pedantic with me saying it was perfect which us reasonable. He's historically had a great offensive line and running game and when they gave him elite skill guys he lit up the league. But he's also not as good as the top guys in the league and yall know it, which i understand bc you're starving for a QB. Hea had the benefit  of playing there with that stability his entire career and yes he's been good but c'mon now. Don't oversell his abilities bc we in bad shape. 

No, he's not a top tier QB, but he's in that next tier and that next tier is plenty good enough to win a SB. He's only going to be available if the Cowboys trade for Wilson which is an extreme long shot. But in that scenario, he's going to be able to be signed as a FA and we'd still have all our draft assets and could shift gears toward LT or CB at #8, or a trade down if one of the QBs slip. We have elite weapons, we just need OL help.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, he's not a top tier QB, but he's in that next tier and that next tier is plenty good enough to win a SB. He's only going to be available if the Cowboys trade for Wilson which is an extreme long shot. But in that scenario, he's going to be able to be signed as a FA and we'd still have all our draft assets and could shift gears toward LT or CB at #8, or a trade down if one of the QBs slip. We have elite weapons, we just need OL help.

This still feels like settling for the next best guy bc we're starving. Deshaun is a special case bc he's elite 25 and an INSANE moneymaker on our team. But we shouldn't be trading draft picks and taking on a big contract unless it's an elite guy. Not when our roster is what it is and we can draft one of four great prospects this year and let them grow in OUR system. That's my thing at least. 

2 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This still feels like settling for the next best guy bc we're starving. Deshaun is a special case bc he's elite 25 and an INSANE moneymaker on our team. But we shouldn't be trading draft picks and taking on a big contract unless it's an elite guy. Not when our roster is what it is and we can draft one of four great prospects this year and let them grow in OUR system. That's my thing at least. 

There are only 3-5 true top tier QBs in the league at any given time. Is everyone else "settling"? If the Cowboys trade for Wilson (which is the only way Dak would be available), they're gonna have to let Dak walk. They can't afford to trade for Wilson AND do a tag and trade on Dak. You wouldn't have to trade anything.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

There are only 3-5 true top tier QBs in the league at any given time. Is everyone else "settling"? If the Cowboys trade for Wilson (which is the only way Dak would be available), they're gonna have to let Dak walk. They can't afford to trade for Wilson AND do a tag and trade on Dak. You wouldn't have to trade anything.

Don't put words in my mouth about everyone being settling lol