• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

33 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Honestly he's the toughest son of a bitch ever for finishing that game.

Crap, I watched that game, but forgot who the QB was. I cut myself opening a bookshelf after Christmas and that bitch is STILL in pieces. This man almost died and missed 2 plays. 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a HUGE red flag. The guy ran a 4.92 in HS. I don't think he's anywhere near as fast as most people think he is. I'm not sure his running ability translates to the NFL. If he could run sub-4.7 he'd be running IMO.

Is your QB's 40 times really that important?  I prefer him to be an accurate passer with a strong arm, intelligence and good instincts, but WTF do I know?

• Beer 1

24 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is a HUGE red flag. The guy ran a 4.92 in HS. I don't think he's anywhere near as fast as most people think he is. I'm not sure his running ability translates to the NFL. If he could run sub-4.7 he'd be running IMO.

I’ve said from the beginning I don’t think his running translates to the NFL what we saw at NDSU but he has enough athleticism and strength that he can make stuff happen with his legs outside the pocket. And he can break tackles. Think Andrew Luck/Steve McNair. He probably runs a 4.7-4.8 which is about what they ran. Luck 4.68, McNair 4.7+.

Lance his a swing for the fences type of pick. What intrigues me about him is his arm talent and his athleticism. He can make elite nfl throws, break tackles and throw at different arm angles on the run but it’s such a small sample size and he’s obviously raw and needs coaching and patience. 

• Pie 2

Just now, TheRumGone said:

If so many nfl teams weren’t so qb needy and if qbs were not as paramount to success as they are today Lance would be a late first/early second round pick but that’s not the reality we live in.

If a chicken had lips it could whistle.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't think the Panthers draft Lance at 8. 

Lance requires more time than I think the Panthers are looking for in a QB.  Plus, he requires a Lance built scheme.   Which doesn't seem like what the Panthers want to do. 

I think Lance would make sense for a team like Atlanta.  A team forced to start another QB and isn't looking to turn it over to a rookie any time soon.  

Jeez, I hope so. I was actually thinking, after listening to this video, that if Simms is right, and Lance is there at 35, they'd sprint to the podium. I still think he goes in the 1st though, even if he is QB #6.

Everyone is a top 5 or top 10 pick.  Until they are sitting there with a camera on them and falling. 

I personally think the odds favor some of these QBs lasting longer than currently predicted.  Lot of really good players in this draft early on.  And every year proves a high percentage of these first round QBs.