• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Be the judge of the film

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Except its not dude, its really not.  The teams that might trade up are in a win now mode and not going to sit on a project which everyone says Fields and Lance are.  Philly isnt drafting a qb and the lions have goff for 2 more years.  The wild card is ATL but I think they one this out with Ryan and Co and go corner.  Like I said the chances are four are gone in 7 picks (which has never happened before ) is 0.0.

I figured someone who has been following NFL football for as long as you have would've learned to never talk in absolutes when it comes to the draft.

I posted one yesterday showing his weak arm.

Under throwing multiple open guys deep and losing touchdowns. 

Not able to throw deep outs to the boundaries. 

Not able to force it in to guys that are NFL open.

Mack Jones is a JAG.

Shall I post it for you in this thread?

5 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

To be fair, we didn't have one of those for close to a decade and when we did, he was underwhelming. 

It fits the offense we're using right now though.

Mind you, I'm not an advocate for Mac Jones, but I've seen a few people suggest that you need an athletic quarterback to run our current offense, and that's just dead wrong.

I think some folks got used to Cam Newton and now think you have to have somebody like that in order to win. Reality is that most of the league doesn't have that, and partially because there aren't very many like him.

And please don't give me the whole "the league is changing" argument. People have been saying that since 2001 with Michael Vick and it hasn't happened yet.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I figured someone who has been following NFL football for as long as you have would've learned to never talk in absolutes when it comes to the draft.

okay the chance is 0.1% that it happens

This qb class is not that strong and I doubt there will ever be one where like 4 qbs of that quality all come out at the same time.  I have said since the beginning at the very least Lance will be there just due to the incredible lack of playing time and tape on him.  Teams are not drafting a dude that high simply based on pure athletic traits knowing he has to sit for a significant time theses days.  Now whether we draft him is a completely different story (I kindof hope we do since Brady is still here to teach).  Now I think you see the talking heads like Simms etc are all coming around on what kind of prospect both Lance and Fields are.  They both need some time on the bench. 

I just dont see ATL drafting fields knowing he is going to sit for 2 years.  Thats not the modern NFL.

1 hour ago, bigdog10 said:

This thread reads very similar to the thread we had on here about Justin Herbert last year. So many posters complaining about his arm strength and mobility, yet he comes out and sets all kind of rookie QB records. 

Not necessarily comparing Jones and Herbert, it’s just funny seeing the huddle experts having a conniption over the thought process of the panthers drafting a more conventional pocket passer. 

I thought arm strength was one of Herberts strengths?

Maybe I am misremembering...

Edited by mav1234

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think he's misremembering. I don't think anyone doubted Herbert's arm or any of his physical tools for that matter.

That's what I thought but tbh I wasn't around a ton to follow last year's draft, so I thought perhaps I was mistaken.

This is the thing with Jones.  He's shown accuracy.  He's shown touch.  So has TB5.

Jones has not shown an NFL arm.

I agree, we don't necessarily need a Cam / Russell / Lamar Jackson / Kyler Murray / Patrick Mahomes type athlete to succeed in our offense.  But we DO need an NFL arm.  Someone to push the ball deep, fast and wide when it's called for.

That doesn't appear to be Jones.

My recollection of Herbert was the questions were all from the neck up.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

I posted one yesterday showing his weak arm.

Under throwing multiple open guys deep and losing touchdowns. 

Not able to throw deep outs to the boundaries. 

Not able to force it in to guys that are NFL open.

Mack Jones is a JAG.

Shall I post it for you in this thread?

Please do. I've said it over and over again. You can see it in every game he plays if you have some understanding of what you're looking for. But I haven't seen a video that specifically points it out and surprisingly highlight reels tend to not feature a lot of subpar throws.

The Bridgewater debacle has made some understandably apprehensive. However saying he is Teddy or worse than Teddy is extreme and lazy. The truth is even with Bridgewater's struggles the issue was more often than not being overly timid and honestly just overall lacking killer instinct more often than not. He regularly got the offense down the field but the above mentioned led to numerous stagnated drives and redzone failures. We did not lack the offensive weaponry and our offensive line did give him opportunities.

I would not be relatively thrilled with Jones but we backed ourselves out of the top 3 so we are where we are now desperate and sorting through quarterback prospects with possible deficiencies. None in our draft slot range are homeruns unless we are willing to risk the farm for a trade up. Sucks but them's the breaks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1