• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ohhhhhhh boy. sounds like watson is getting traded. per jim trotter

PhillyB

1 hour ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Also, have you seen the press conference from AFTER the podcast? It's even worse. First he licks his lips and swallows hard (bad signs) then he puts his head, shakes no as he says Watson is committed to the Texans because they are committed to him and he's stuttering and having difficulty speaking and keeps looking down. Plus what he says doesn't make any sense as everyone knows Watson isn't committed to them. I felt bad for Culley. He's being put in a horrible situation before his first season even begins. I think now he's starting to understand why Watson wants out of Texas and what a mistake he made by accepting that job. The last conference is honestly hard to watch. 

Exactly I’m glad u seen what I did, I mean it’s like he is already gone and they just haven’t announced it

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Exactly I’m glad u seen what I did, I mean it’s like he is already gone and they just haven’t announced it

Yes, and instead of sending the man responsible for all of this in front of the hyenas to answer the questions they are sending out the man who just arrived 2 months ago and has nothing to do with it and apparently telling him to lie as he's obviously struggling with that and probably because he is a man with integrity unlike the VP of football whatever Easterly. I'm actually feeling upset by the way they are doing Culley. From what I can tell he doesn't deserve any of this other than trying to take is one and only shot at what was probably a lifelong dream. This is making me start to strongly dislike the Texans but I think I will root for Culley after all of this. 

15 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

I read where Houston said Watson is going nowhere

What the team says publicly means absolutely squat.  We should all know by now that these teams ALL say one thing in public and then turn around and do the complete opposite.  

• Pie 1

Hi future internet friends and maybe even a rival or two, I'm new here and I only recently started posting comments on another Panthers' fan site. Before Covid, the only social media media I ever really used was FB and I stopped using that probably about 8 or 9 years ago but due to Covid and the resulting job loss, I found myself with too much free time and the toxic political environment combined was making me unhappy. I desperately needed some kind of outlet for expression and my oldest daughter suggested that I tried discussing one of my more relaxing passions and that was football.

I had played and  followed football for most of my 49 years but had never really discussed it on line before. I have to say though that so far I'm enjoying it a lot as it's giving me a mostly positive direction for me to spend my time time and thoughts beyond life's everyday issues. It's also reignited my passion for the game and given me a path to focus my normally hypothetical thought process in a structured way and forced me to keep my mind both sharp and my mindset positive. 

As I slowly start to become more involved in both Panther communities I hope to continue reading, speaking and in general, interacting with total strangers to talk about a game we all love. I hope this will remain a positive outlet for me and help me get through difficult and uncertain times. So far, I am very happy that I followed my daughters suggestion. 

With my work, I have to spend a lot of time speaking with all types of people from all types of life and I have to be able to read and understand and communicate with those people. It's something that I generally enjoy as I generally like people. I also have to understand personalities and how they interact with one another and find solutions between conflicting personalities.  

During my recent and short time on a couple of sports related platforms, I've witnessed the same type of personality conflicts that i would experience during my normal work. In online sports' rooms, I've noticed a basic but common dilemma which is most likely to lead to mild arguments or problems. It's the basic glass half empty or glass half full debate.

This is present in all of our daily lives and we interact with people all the time that see this differently than ourselves but we usually don't even recognize it as it's not usually a big deal. This definitely occurs at work and usually at home too as our family members are not generally all on the same side of this psychology. 

However, on the internet, I've noticed that it becomes much more visible, more recognizable and is the base of most arguments in an opinion based environment such as sports' fan sites. In these situations, no one is right nor wrong, just naturally inclined to see things differently even when having the same intentions. 

I myself am a half full person. I am also actually one of the more extremely positive personality types. I could rightfully be described as a "Homer". I will take most any information about something I like and find a way to make it correct and for the good of what I like. It may also take me longer than average to give up on that idea and accept that it wasn't correct and move on to the next thing that will probably equally find a way to convince myself that it is good for what I like. 

My wife however is the opposite. She will usually see the negative sides of things and use them to justify the expectation of a negative result of something she likes so she is ready for when things don't go well and she isn't disappointed when they go as she expected. This way, if they do go well she is surprised and feels even happier because it surpassed her expectation whereas I felt happy but normal because well, that's what I expected. If things don't go well, she's not happy but she's not overly disappointed either because it was obvious to her that it would fail and I am somewhat disappointed but I'm already identifying how this negative result was actually a good thing because something positive came from it. Needlessly to say, we both confuse the hell out of one another and we rarely agree on what is the best choice of action. 

However, as mother and father of 2 children, this balance keeps us both balanced and offers a balanced approach to life for our children and as we have learned to listen to and  respect our different views on the world, we have learned to make better judgements for our family as a team. 

I believe that while online, we have to be able to identify who we are, full or empty, and who we are talking to are, and try to keep that in mind when discussing our team. Us optimists must understand that pessimists don't want to get too excited about something as failure could cause them to feel depressed, while pessimists must understand that optimists need to feel excited about something or they may feel depressed regardless of outcome. 

When such moments arise between us, whether on line or in real life it's important to identify that the real disagreement is not on the actual subject but how we are viewing the subject. In those cases continuing the argument will not resolve anything but create further division. In such cases it's best to give your perspective, perhaps even sharing your concern or enthusiasm depending on your character and then move along in the conversation as we will never be able to convince another person as to how to see the glass as it is in our nature as individuals and therefore is neither wrong, nor right. It's just yin and yang. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

39 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Hi future internet friends and maybe even a rival or two, I'm new here and I only recently started posting comments on another Panthers' fan site. Before Covid, the only social media media I ever really used was FB and I stopped using that probably about 8 or 9 years ago but due to Covid and the resulting job loss, I found myself with too much free time and the toxic political environment combined was making me unhappy. I desperately needed some kind of outlet for expression and my oldest daughter suggested that I tried discussing one of my more relaxing passions and that was football.

I had played and  followed football for most of my 49 years but had never really discussed it on line before. I have to say though that so far I'm enjoying it a lot as it's giving me a mostly positive direction for me to spend my time time and thoughts beyond life's everyday issues. It's also reignited my passion for the game and given me a path to focus my normally hypothetical thought process in a structured way and forced me to keep my mind both sharp and my mindset positive. 

As I slowly start to become more involved in both Panther communities I hope to continue reading, speaking and in general, interacting with total strangers to talk about a game we all love. I hope this will remain a positive outlet for me and help me get through difficult and uncertain times. So far, I am very happy that I followed my daughters suggestion. 

With my work, I have to spend a lot of time speaking with all types of people from all types of life and I have to be able to read and understand and communicate with those people. It's something that I generally enjoy as I generally like people. I also have to understand personalities and how they interact with one another and find solutions between conflicting personalities.  

During my recent and short time on a couple of sports related platforms, I've witnessed the same type of personality conflicts that i would experience during my normal work. In online sports' rooms, I've noticed a basic but common dilemma which is most likely to lead to mild arguments or problems. It's the basic glass half empty or glass half full debate.

This is present in all of our daily lives and we interact with people all the time that see this differently than ourselves but we usually don't even recognize it as it's not usually a big deal. This definitely occurs at work and usually at home too as our family members are not generally all on the same side of this psychology. 

However, on the internet, I've noticed that it becomes much more visible, more recognizable and is the base of most arguments in an opinion based environment such as sports' fan sites. In these situations, no one is right nor wrong, just naturally inclined to see things differently even when having the same intentions. 

I myself am a half full person. I am also actually one of the more extremely positive personality types. I could rightfully be described as a "Homer". I will take most any information about something I like and find a way to make it correct and for the good of what I like. It may also take me longer than average to give up on that idea and accept that it wasn't correct and move on to the next thing that will probably equally find a way to convince myself that it is good for what I like. 

My wife however is the opposite. She will usually see the negative sides of things and use them to justify the expectation of a negative result of something she likes so she is ready for when things don't go well and she isn't disappointed when they go as she expected. This way, if they do go well she is surprised and feels even happier because it surpassed her expectation whereas I felt happy but normal because well, that's what I expected. If things don't go well, she's not happy but she's not overly disappointed either because it was obvious to her that it would fail and I am somewhat disappointed but I'm already identifying how this negative result was actually a good thing because something positive came from it. Needlessly to say, we both confuse the hell out of one another and we rarely agree on what is the best choice of action. 

However, as mother and father of 2 children, this balance keeps us both balanced and offers a balanced approach to life for our children and as we have learned to listen to and  respect our different views on the world, we have learned to make better judgements for our family as a team. 

I believe that while online, we have to be able to identify who we are, full or empty, and who we are talking to are, and try to keep that in mind when discussing our team. Us optimists must understand that pessimists don't want to get too excited about something as failure could cause them to feel depressed, while pessimists must understand that optimists need to feel excited about something or they may feel depressed regardless of outcome. 

When such moments arise between us, whether on line or in real life it's important to identify that the real disagreement is not on the actual subject but how we are viewing the subject. In those cases continuing the argument will not resolve anything but create further division. In such cases it's best to give your perspective, perhaps even sharing your concern or enthusiasm depending on your character and then move along in the conversation as we will never be able to convince another person as to how to see the glass as it is in our nature as individuals and therefore is neither wrong, nor right. It's just yin and yang. 

welcome aboard.