• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith talks some more

Kevin Greene

I remember the Vikings game in 06 when Gamble cost us the game with that throwback pass on the punt return. Fox said in the postgame that "we made a mistake and I knew it was coming" when TV replays clearly showed him screaming at Crossman, saying something to the effect of "who the f&*! called that!, what the f@!& happened?"

Well that's a good point about the PSLs. I won't defend any team sticking it to their fans with those. And I agree with everything you said after that, too. But to say the Panthers are losing is just not true. Come be a Rams fan with me for one year. 7-9 will look like the Patriots 18-0 season to you.

Well we'll just agree to disagree on Smith. Football is about 11 guys, not one. Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Steve Smith...all great athletes who do phenomenal things on the field. And all guys I would never want on my team. And so you don't think I'm picking on black guys, I'll give you a white guy who fit this mold...that DE from the Jets, Gastineau. Same deal.

Rams fan, now I understand your hate towards Smitty

Fox flat out lies. Then he gets all hissy when someone calls him out on it.

Right so why should we believe Jake gives us the best chance of winning when Fox says that?

Oh yea no sane person does.

Thanks for backing up the claims of so many who know fox is full of poo in his evaluations.

Right so why should we believe Jake gives us the best chance of winning when Fox says that?

Oh yea no sane person does.

Thanks for backing up the claims of so many who know fox is full of poo in his evaluations.

I don't know. I love Jake but I was blown away by the contract they gave him in the offseason. To me, that's a separate issue from Smitty.

I don't know. I love Jake but I was blown away by the contract they gave him in the offseason. To me, that's a separate issue from Smitty.

I don't know Jake personally, but from what I can tell he as a person is fine.

The problem I have is Jake the QB.

I have a much bigger issue with Fox than I ever had with Jake though, and now that you say he is a liar, I guess trust him even less.

That contract was definitely a huge mistake.

No. I don't care what happens to Fox. I think he's a much better coach than his critics on here give him credit for, and that if they bring in someone else and that guy struggles those fans will have gotten what they deserved.

I just don't get the man crushes on Smitty. He was a terror in the 2005 playoffs, yes. That doesn't give him a free pass to act the way he does for the rest of his career. There's no excuse for saying "I'm no longer an asset here" after a win. Sorry, you can dress it up as fiery competitiveness or whatever you want, but it's not what you want in your locker room.

Sorry but I'm with KT on this one (that felt weird to say). Smith's presence alone makes our offense better because they have to account for him with two defenders. That makes it easier to both run the ball and pass it. Smith is the face of the franchise right now.

Sorry but I'm with KT on this one (that felt weird to say). Smith's presence alone makes our offense better because they have to account for him with two defenders. That makes it easier to both run the ball and pass it. Smith is the face of the franchise right now.

Smitty has been the face of the franchise for a long time.

040110_panthers_hmed_6p.hmedium.jpg

i just hope that we can get him a real QB for the rest of his 30s. he's only got a good 4-5 years left and only 2-3 of those could be big years.

new coach may want to start from scratch, though.

we get someone like mike smith did and you can count on us losing a lot of players that we have relied on in the past.

if we can get a couple good draft picks (day one) for smith and a good QB comes to the team...i'd be all over it. a good QB can make mediocre WRs look good. we have plenty of mediocre WRs here so we'd be set.

add in a good Oline, a solid run game, and a defense that can keep the score down (all of which are in place) and we'd be set. we just need to act soon.

add in a solid run game

What I don't get is how people act like he's the team's only hope. He's a freaking wide receiver, for God's sake. Mark Carrier was replaced by Moose as the go-to guy. Moose was replaced by Smitty. Smitty will be replaced by someone else, someone who doesn't punch out teammates and cost the team 15 yards in key moments of games.

We dont have anyone that can replaced Smith now. We have missed in the draft and in free agency on wide receivers.

Archived