• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zach Wilson Part 3a review

Ricky Spanish

54 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

At 5:22 - 5:32, he's throwing into double coverage. It's a great pass for sure. But was it the right read? He has single coverage on the opposite side and both receivers are more open, are they not?

I think that was more of a showcase of his ability to make any throw on the field. Even ones where guys are double covered. That clip wasn't so much about the read as it was the arm talent. 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Okay Spanish, convince me he can stay healthy in the NFL.

His skills are amazing, no doubt. I just have that big lingering doubt...

EPO 

amazing oline 

vitamins 

Pro diet and workouts 

.... Kid is a superstar.. I’m putting my not respected reputation on it.. 

On 3/16/2021 at 2:58 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Okay Spanish, convince me he can stay healthy in the NFL.

His skills are amazing, no doubt. I just have that big lingering doubt...

No way to tell honestly. Some dudes are injury prone, others are not. Some dudes that never have injuries in college make it into the NFL and get hurt all the time and vice versa. One thing is true, he's a tough little SOB and played through his injuries in college, and his shoulder injury wasn't a career threatening one, just a lingering issue from high school. Once that was all cleaned up he was a stud. 

Plus he looks like a Disney star. 

On 3/20/2021 at 1:10 PM, Ricky Spanish said:

No way to tell honestly. Some dudes are injury prone, others are not. Some dudes that never have injuries in college make it into the NFL and get hurt all the time and vice versa. One thing is true, he's a tough little SOB and played through his injuries in college, and his shoulder injury wasn't a career threatening one, just a lingering issue from high school. Once that was all cleaned up he was a stud. 

Plus he looks like a Disney star. 

See, that's the real deal. You like that "Disney star" thing! 

My opinion is this--we can probably mark Lawrence and Wilson off the list.  Wilson to the Jets is a given, however, they have a history of taking a player that shocks their fan base.  Frankly, I would be surprised in Fields is in play--maybe if we could trade down to get Miami's spot, but at what cost?  Lance has about a 40% chance of surviving desperation row, so I think we trade down for Lance or slide back a few spots--or not--and take Jones.

Funny how mad people get when I mention Jones, but the reality is, and it has nothing to do with MHS's opinion, he is the most realistic QB available at 8.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

My opinion is this--we can probably mark Lawrence and Wilson off the list.  Wilson to the Jets is a given, however, they have a history of taking a player that shocks their fan base.  Frankly, I would be surprised in Fields is in play--maybe if we could trade down to get Miami's spot, but at what cost?  Lance has about a 40% chance of surviving desperation row, so I think we trade down for Lance or slide back a few spots--or not--and take Jones.

Funny how mad people get when I mention Jones, but the reality is, and it has nothing to do with MHS's opinion, he is the most realistic QB available at 8.

Been saying that for a while now.  We need to come to terms that we very well could be looking at Jones or Teddy starting for us this season.  Once Stafford's price went so high, and Watson found himself in a pickle...I just keep feeling that we would have to sell the farm to get one of the top 4 guys.

I'm not sold on Fields or Lance...in fact, don't think I want either of them if we have to trade a future 1 to get them.