• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN's David Newton talks defensive flexibility

top dawg

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

And, to be totally honest, I didn't realize Fox had that type of ability, which one could argue may have only been a product of playing among some great NFL talent, but I feel that he may surprise.

Fox is a very solid player and amazing depth.  He actually was someone that jumped off the screen to me when Donald went down with an injury against the Seahawks.  I don't think he's a guy you want as a full-time starter, but that isn't what we'll need him to do here.  I loved the signing and I think he's going to do a great job helping alleviate the lack of pressure whenever we have to take Burns off the field.

Our signings on defense have been fantastic this offseason.  It lets us focus on (outside of QB) CB, S, and OL in the draft.

• Pie 1

Another offseason working on upgrading the DBs and we will be a real powerhouse D. If I had to guess low teens this year, maybe even cracking top 10 depending on the DBs. Maybe one of the 2nd year CBs steps up and makes a big improvement from last year. 

• Pie 1

The first comment under the initial tweet about signing Morgan Fox was a Rams fan stating, "Someone with the Panthers knows what they're doing." Went on to respond to another comment about Fox benefitting from the Aaron Donald Effect by countering  saying that he really excelled on his own, and had developed some really technical, effective moves. 

It's always nice to see thoughtful commentary on a player from someone who watched them every week and was bummed to see them go. 

Excited to see what Snow can do with a full arsenal. 

image.png

The rest of the comments were Rams fans saying FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK, etc.. 

Edited by Panther'sBigD
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, MrBubba said:

But who gets shipped out for Watson? 🤔

At this point, even I would lean toward accepting that that ship has sailed. If and/or when Watson becomes available, I think that his market will have taken a major hit, so all the talk of two defensive players, this that and the other looks like a wrap!

Before we declare defensive wizardry... we only shut down Detroit last year and there were games, multiple ones, where we never even forced the other team to punt. Once the other team got the ball, no shutdowns, just whether they'd score a TD or run out of steam and kick a FG.

That's not wizardry, that's mumbo jumbo.

Maybe it was a lack of personnel, but I saw, more than anything, a lack of aggression. Our defense often had the game dictated to them rather than them imposing their will, or even slight problems, on the other team. 

I sure hope it gets better, but I'm not sold on Snow yet. He coached like a little old lady last season. I need to see better from him and the players.