• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pitts runs 4.46 40

Varking

17 minutes ago, mickeye76 said:

Pitts going top 15 will be a mistake.  He is a uber athletic big WR/TE.  He has rare talent but it's not like we have not seen this before.  Recently Mike Gesicki out of Penn St. ran a 4.55 official at the combine.  Leaped out of the building and put up 20+ reps on the bench.  He was taken in the second round.  Pitts had more college production but comparing raw upside they similar.  Bottom of the first into top of the second is Pitts actual value.  Pro day numbers are notorious for being inflated.  In all honesty I would take a chance on baby gronk out of yep Penn st at a discount over Pitts.  

The difference is Pitts actually produced in college. It’s one thing to have raw upside but Pitts isn’t raw. Pitts, in what was really just 6 games blew out anything recent tight ends have produced. Most tight ends have been drafted in the first three rounds off of their measurables and the production isn’t there. Pitts has been dominating. He’s the first TE I can remember over the last ten years or so that has the absolute monster numbers to go with the talent. 

• Pie 2

The Pitts discussion always makes me think of Jimmy Graham.

Pitts is probably better than Graham, but I remember when Graham was drafted people were drooling over the kind of mismatches he could create. Same thing when he was traded to Seattle and later signed with Green Bay.

To date though, Graham has yet to be part of a Super Bowl effort.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pitts is probably better than Graham, but I remember when Graham was drafted people were drooling over the kind of mismatches he could create. Same thing when he was traded to Seattle and later signed with Green Bay.

Graham also suffered a significant knee injury that derailed his career. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

But Graham was also the exact billing of what I’ve been talking about: Potential based on measurables without any real college production. And most TEs are. Pitts dominated at the highest level. Every game he made a statistical impact despite everyone knowing he’s the guy they want to throw to. A guy with good height/weight/40 time gets drafted in round 1 at TE despite being a 30 catch, 400 yards and 4 TDs kind of player. It’s one of the positions evaluators, for too long, ignored the stats because colleges just don’t use TEs like that but then their evaluation is based on hope of potential. 

Pitts is already showing you what you can get from him. 

Hype is sometimes warranted. In the case of Pitts it is.  That said two things need to be kept in mind to temper expectations. 

A. Positional value.  Even in the new school NFL a first round tight end is a stretch.  

B. Florida's offense ran through Pitts and trask with some Toney dashed in.  In our offense the production would be capped by Bridgewater and that CMC and Moore are the primary guys.  

You don't draft a guy in the top 10 picks to be just another target.  If Pitts makes sense for that reason so should Devonta Smith, Chase or Waddle. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude has over 8k receiving yards and 82TDs.

I mean he's been pretty good in the NFL.

• Pie 1