• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky on Trey Lance

Troys99x4

56 minutes ago, Aussie Tank said:

I believe he’s Explosive but Josh Allen explosive not Jalen Hurts or better. That’s what I see and got no Vertical or broad jumps to measure it 

Josh Allen has great explosiveness for a QB. Lance is bigger that Hurts with a stronger arm. He might not be as fast, but he has the ability to be a much better QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, CRA said:

I don't trust these speed/clocks that pop up on the TV at all that are now used to make arguments.  They just don't pass the eye test.    

Take Lance's.  You watch that run they cite and there are kids playing FCS football right on his heels that entire run.   

Daniel Jones? You telling me Lamar never got up to a speed faster than him this season? I just don't buy it. 

But he wasn't clocked using a speed clock. He was clocked using GPS, and say what you want, I've read they're accurate as far as measuring top velocity.

9 hours ago, top dawg said:

But he wasn't clocked using a speed clock. He was clocked using GPS, and say what you want, I've read they're accurate as far as measuring top velocity.

I understand that.  I see it used all the time of late.  

All I am saying is that it doesn't pass the eye test.  I just question if that tech is really as accurate as advertised at this stage.  You got a white linebacker from James Madison on his heels the entire run.  And I am suppose to believe that is Lance is running faster than Lamar pulling away from NFL players? 

I mean it could be true.  The eye test of part of that statement just doesn't jive.  Maybe James Madison is full of track kids.  Who knows. 

I think the biggest challenge for Lance will be getting used to the difference between ‘NFL open’ versus ‘NDSU open’.

All you have to do is turn on a highlight reel and you hear the announcer repeatedly say “wide open”. 

This is what some were saying about Tua last season. Tua was so used to his guys having 5-10 yards of separation in college. 

At the end of the day, all 3 guys come with question marks but I trust Rhule and co. to make the right decision.