• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Davos' Offseason, Mock-8 & Projections

davos

4 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I like it all except for cutting Teddy and trading for Minshew. You're piling another CAP hit onto the team in Minshew to be a bridge QB.

For me, I see a starter in Minshew and a backup in Teddy.  The J1 cut will still net savings and taking on a late-rookie contract for like a 5th+6th would offset.  I just think we're done with TB.  Once we officially can't move him, he's a cut and signed as a backup somewhere.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

I like it all except for cutting Teddy and trading for Minshew. You're piling another CAP hit onto the team in Minshew to be a bridge QB.

Minshew makes less than 1M for two seasons. TB would cost 8M new money to keep. Depending on what the Panthers had to give up it would be very beneficial. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

Just now, davos said:

For me, I see a starter in Minshew and a backup in Teddy.  The J1 cut will still net savings and taking on a late-rookie contract for like a 5th+6th would offset.  I just think we're done with TB.  Once we officially can't move him, he's a cut and signed as a backup somewhere.

But if you draft Lance, the starter until he steps into the role is irrelevant outside of a mentor role. Teddy is suited for that, and you don't have to spend additional money or draft capital on it.

I don't think Minshew will be had for anything less than a 3rd tbh.

Just now, Madwolf said:

But if you draft Lance, the starter until he steps into the role is irrelevant outside of a mentor role. Teddy is suited for that, and you don't have to spend additional money or draft capital on it.

I don't think Minshew will be had for anything less than a 3rd tbh.

I knew this would be the iffy thing about my scenario here. 

I dunno though, Teddy post J1 is a 23 mil cap saving with a 2022 dead hit of $15 mil.  If we land our rookie QB this year, that's basically $5.5 mil to work with elsewhere factoring in the rookie contract. 

I'd rather gamble than waste year 2 with that guy.

4 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I hate Teddy the football Quarterback guy more than anyone but it’s just stupid to cut the guy this year. That’s 5m dead cap for 2022. Then going to get Minshew? Panthers fans have become insane. I get Teddy is bad but man get me a real QB, not another JAG. 

It's 15 dead cap post-J1, 23 in savings, net 8 mil for 2022.  Sure, can't use 15 of it, but that's either going to TB or we're taking 8 of that towards useful cap.  I take the latter if we land a QB in the draft. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I like this scenario and i will be ecstatic if we can come away with a first round qb in the draft. Like the others though not sure about the Minshew point because it would just be pointless to use the money we would save cutting bridgewater on him. I also believe Teddy would be a much better mentor for a rookie, if he isn’t too jaded by this entire off season.

2 minutes ago, spydaman27 said:

I like this scenario and i will be ecstatic if we can come away with a first round qb in the draft. Like the others though not sure about the Minshew point because it would just be pointless to use the money we would save cutting bridgewater on him. I also believe Teddy would be a much better mentor for a rookie, if he isn’t too jaded by this entire off season.

I respect this point but I also think TB is gone.  Nothing can change it at this point.   It' a carry for 2022 with the cap situation so we basically have the option: similar bridge (or) deal with him again.

I say roll the dice and tell him adios.

1 hour ago, davos said:

7 CAR (from DET): Trey Lance QB NDSU 

This trade up may seem odd but it is strictly to avoid the Broncos, Patriots, or other team trading up to grab Lance and it would show we sought this out/want him as our guy.  I feel ATL, CIN, & MIA will be dead set and this will not take a ton of capital.  Maybe our 4th & DET still gets the guy they’re targeting.

It’s going to take more than a fourth to move up one spot in the top 10 of the first round. 

32 minutes ago, Trainwreck said:

I hate Teddy the football Quarterback guy more than anyone but it’s just stupid to cut the guy this year. That’s 5m dead cap for 2022. Then going to get Minshew? Panthers fans have become insane. I get Teddy is bad but man get me a real QB, not another JAG. 

You really don’t understand at all do you? 

• Poo 1

19 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

On contracts alone It makes no sense for us is to cut Teddy and for the jags to trade Minshew

People keep thinking that the Jags aren't trading Minshew, but they need and want draft capital. It really only makes sense that the only reason that they would trade for C.J. Beathard on a two-year, 5 million dollar deal is if they were planning to trade Minshew (who would actually be cheaper). I'm pretty sure they are done with Minshew.

Edited by top dawg