• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kellen Mond

CarForLife

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I can’t get over his weird throwing motion and skinniness. I just don’t know if he could hold up at the nfl level 

As we all should have learned with Rivers - as long as it's repeatable it doesn't matter.

Fields is the one with the throwing motion that worries me. 

38 minutes ago, Varking said:

Watched him for what equates to three and a half seasons of college ball. Would not bank on him ever being consistent enough to be somebodies long term #2. 

I think he has a high ceiling think he will do excellent don't understand why everyone hates on him

3 minutes ago, CarForLife said:

I think he has a high ceiling think he will do excellent don't understand why everyone hates on him

He throws a good pass, but I think he was super inconsistent throughout his career. He would be a pretty big project with the hope that his weaknesses are coachable. Second seems too high, but some team will reach on him. Honestly I think we would be better off drafting Newman in the 4th/5th. He looked rusty in the Senior bowl, but was away from football for a year. Showed some flashes at Wake. High potential with lower risk (later rounds vs second).

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, CarForLife said:

Because he was a four year starter that barely got any better over the course of his college career. His potential is likely tapped out, and he wasn’t even a game-changer at the college level. He isn’t good.

In general I think taking a QB in the second round is close to the dumbest thing an NFL team can do these days. With the premium placed on the position and the value of having the fifth year option on a QB, anyone who gets passed up 32 times should give you serious pause. Who’s the best 2nd round QB drafted in the last ten years or so? Derek Carr? Andy Dalton? They are fine starters, but not exactly someone you’re thrilled to give 15-20% of your total cap space once their rookie deal is up. 

You can’t afford to come away with non-starters in the second round, so taking a QB prospect with warts is more often than not a bad move. If you have to add a guy, take someone Day 3 that is worth a flier and has some projectable traits. You can afford for that guy to suck or only be a backup. 

• Pie 1