• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I have no clue but I certainly don’t think there are any mental gymnastics to compare Darnold and Tannehill. Doesn’t mean it will work out as well, but Darnold improved in year 2, but they pulled the rug out from under him in 2020 looking to the draft. I don’t know if the GM wanted Gase out or just realized that they had a great shot at Lawrence/Fields and getting a bunch of picks as well. They certainly didn’t try to add around Darnold in year 3.

Tannehill had two 4000+ yard seasons in Miami and another just shy of 4000. Darnold barely cracked 3000 once. He threw for 2200 yards, 9 TDs and 11 INTs last year. He wasn't just the worst starting QB in the NFL, he was the worst by miles. Him working out here would be an all-time career rebound.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tannehill had two 4000+ yard seasons in Miami and another just shy of 4000. Darnold barely cracked 3000 once. He threw for 2200 yards, 9 TDs and 11 INTs last year. He wasn't just the worst starting QB in the NFL, he was the worst by miles. Him working out here would be an all-time career rebound.

Tannehill was still older at his youngest ....and wasn’t playing with 37 year old RBs, no WRs in a complete shitshow.   

I mean if Sam had success given his situation....he would be a GOAT.  Maybe the GOAT.   I honestly can’t name a comparable to his scenario.   I just think he is a decent gamble.  But just a gamble.  would have preferred cheaper but....we need some lotto tickets

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ryan Tannehill was also throwing it 590 times a season.  Darnold actually had more yards per attempt in his first two seasons than Tannehill. definitely doing some massive cherry picking...

Edited by Double Trouble
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Tannehill was still older at his youngest ....and wasn’t playing with 37 year old RBs, no WRs in a complete shitshow.   

I mean if Sam had success given his situation....he would be a GOAT.  Maybe the GOAT.   I honestly can’t name a comparable to his scenario.   I just think he is a decent gamble.  But just a gamble.  would have preferred cheaper but....we need some lotto tickets

The good ones still find a way to look good. Mayfield has had four head coaches in three seasons. He still went 6-7 as a rookie throwing for 3700 yards and 27 TDs in 11 starts with his head coach being fired mid-season. The good ones find a way to look good themselves even when the situation is a dumpster fire.

5 minutes ago, Double Trouble said:

Ryan Tannehill was also throwing it 590 times a season.  Darnold actually had more yards per attempt in his first two seasons than Tannehill. definitely doing some massive cherry picking...

What happened after that for Tannehill? I mean, since we're not cherry picking...

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What happened after that for Tannehill? I mean, since we're not cherry picking...

Tannehill was better through three years. I don't disagree. He had good year 3 numbers.  But the scenarios are also very different. Darnold is much newer/younger to the position (started barely over a year in high school and just two at USC) and had a much worse situation entering the NFL. Still just 23 (basically how old Joe Burrow was his senior year at LSU with Joe Brady). The trade is a bet on our coaching. They really like Darnold's talent obviously. Really the only pick of real value we gave up is a 2022 second. Risk/reward here is very good. Give it a rest. 

• Pie 5

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The good ones still find a way to look good. Mayfield has had four head coaches in three seasons. He still went 6-7 as a rookie throwing for 3700 yards and 27 TDs in 11 starts with his head coach being fired mid-season. The good ones find a way to look good themselves even when the situation is a dumpster fire.

I would wager Sam could find a way to look a lot better with the cast Baker had this year and previous ones.  

that’s the problem, we view Cleveland as a dumpster fire.  It stacks up vs NYJ as a clearly better scenario.  Baker had Chubb.  Hunt.  Landry.  OBJ for a minute.  Decent TEs.  Solid D.   That’s a really good spot for a QB in reality.

Sam was in 2nd grade when Frank Gore was drafted lol.   That should be a joke.  Sam was literally in 2nd grade lol.   Sam not having success isn’t a Sam problem.  Well, not that we know of at this point.  No reason they should of sniffed a single win this year.  

• Pie 2