• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who has more pressure?

Who has the most pressure?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. According to analysts Darnold needs better weapons, better system, better coaching, so where would the pressure lie?

• Sam Darnold
    • The Brass- Rhule, Brady, Tepper.

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

Who did they bypass? The only option that’s bypassed at this point is deshaun watson 

wow so maybe you’ve checked out this offseason but it turns out it’s a deep class of QBs within general striking distance of the Panthers   

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I don’t trust this coaching staff after teddy to make good decisions on qbs anymore. 

yes I would stay put and draft Lance if he fell to 8. That’s just what I would do. People really need to stop with Howell. Whoever has that number 1 pick is not trading it away. 

If Fields is there at 8, I'm taking Fields. Lance I'm much less certain about and depending on the offer, I could be persuaded to move. That's just me. 

I don't think anyone really expected TB to fold like he did. He wasn't going to be spectacular, but I've never seen a QB just give up and fall apart the way he did. I've never seen a QB just give up like that or lose any desire to go for it. I wasn't a huge TB fan, but man, he left me wondering WTF did I just watch. 

I also don’t think Teddy is an example that the FO makes bad decisions.  

given the new offense and more importantly covid messed up and shortened the lead up into the season  ....that move is what allowed them to get the O up, running and installed.   Teddy was    a short term move

1 minute ago, Growl said:

wow so maybe you’ve checked out this offseason but it turns out it’s a deep class of QBs within general striking distance of the Panthers   

And the draft hasn’t happened yet...and it was looking like there weren’t going to be any in striking distance. If they actually are when the draft happens, nothing is stopping us from taking one. Better to have one too many QBs than one too few. 

Just now, SmokinwithWilly said:

If Fields is there at 8, I'm taking Fields. Lance I'm much less certain about and depending on the offer, I could be persuaded to move. That's just me. 

I don't think anyone really expected TB to fold like he did. He wasn't going to be spectacular, but I've never seen a QB just give up and fall apart the way he did. I've never seen a QB just give up like that or lose any desire to go for it. I wasn't a huge TB fan, but man, he left me wondering WTF did I just watch. 

A lot of us actually did. I’m mildly optimistic about Darnold though. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

And the draft hasn’t happened yet...and it was looking like there weren’t going to be any in striking distance. If they actually are when the draft happens, nothing is stopping us from taking one. Better to have one too many QBs than one too few. 

they just traded a haul for an established bust 

they were going to give a 1st for Matt stafford

they were going to give the entire team for watson

they were well within striking distance of a rookie QB

if they still draft one, then this trade is even dumber

Just now, Growl said:

they just traded a haul for an established bust 

they were going to give a 1st for Matt stafford

they were going to give the entire team for watson

they were well within striking distance of a rookie QB

if they still draft one, then this trade is even dumber

If you think a sixth and a future second and fourth is a haul, then there really is no reasoning with you. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

I also don’t think Teddy is an example that the FO makes bad decisions.  

given the new offense and more importantly covid messed up and shortened the lead up into the season  ....that move is what allowed them to get the O up, running and installed.   Teddy was    a short term move

Teddy bridgewater was brought into potentially be a steal at the QB position because of his run with New Orleans and his contract reflected that

If you still doubt that you’re living in fantasyville

26 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

It makes sense in some respects. We have a lot of pieces we need to fill, and the desperation to get a new QB for a lot of teams has driven the price through the roof. While we have to give up a 2nd and some cap space, this isn't a 40m a year contract and it isn't 2-3 1sts plus. That's what we may have had to give up to move to 5. 

I fully expect us to trade down if Lance is on the board. We can get a lot from one of the teams that could still be looking to trade up. If the top 4 are gone, maybe someone moves up for Jones, or we stay put and grab Sewell, Slater, Chase, a top CB. This opens up a lot of room to maneuver, even if we are out some cap space. 

This is the scenario that I’m hoping for. Either trade and recuperate draft capital or get a badass at a position of need.

Chins up, boys 

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

There were tons of us who knew exactly what we were getting when we signed Teddy. And that contract wtf man.

I cannot stress how bad Darnold was with the Jets. I totally get circumstances, coaching and surrounding talent but I think the best case scenario for darnold here is just a step above teddy. So I’m totally down with taking a chance on Lance at 8. If it doesn’t work out, I get it. We swung and missed. I would like that we took a chance. But you HAVE to take that chance to be in a position to win a Super Bowl. The draft is a crapshoot ultimately.

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

If you think a sixth and a future second and fourth is a haul, then there really is no reasoning with you. 

they gave up a second round pick-and change-for a verified bust, I then proceeded to lay out other demonstrations for you 

stop being willfully stupid

10 minutes ago, Growl said:

they gave up a second round pick-and change-for a verified bust, I then proceeded to lay out other demonstrations for you 

stop being willfully stupid

What demonstrations? The Matt Stafford attempt? Not a bad idea. Being “within striking distance” of a rookie? If you mean Mac Jones (bleh) or Trask or someone then sure maybe. I’d rather have Darnold. The good four were going to be gone anyway since Jacksonville and the Jets are taking QBs themselves, I don’t believe SF is going to take Jones, that would be almost as bad as signing Teddy Bridgewater to be your starter. Atlanta is talking about trading back but it ain’t going to be with us. So that’s 1-4. I don’t want a QB that’s not one of those four. One of us is being willfully stupid, and it ain’t me. Only one of us is claiming a 23 year old QB who’s only played for the Jets could already be a verified bust. 

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

There were tons of us who knew exactly what we were getting when we signed Teddy. And that contract wtf man.

I cannot stress how bad Darnold was with the Jets. I totally get circumstances, coaching and surrounding talent but I think the best case scenario for darnold here is just a step above teddy. So I’m totally down with taking a chance on Lance at 8. If it doesn’t work out, I get it. We swung and missed. I would like that we took a chance. But you HAVE to take that chance to be in a position to win a Super Bowl. The draft is a crapshoot ultimately.

I didn't expect Teddy to be great. I expected him to be mediocre and I completely agree about that contract. WTF. I didn't expect him to flat out quit and that's what I meant by folding. He just gave up on trying to win. Of all the effort it takes to get to the NFL and how hard he had to work in rehab after that injury, quitting just wasn't in the line of thinking for me when we signed him. 

If we take Lance at 8 I'm cool with it. If he fails we swung and missed. As a coach though, there's no way in hell I'm letting him sit behind a guy that quit on winning with this team. It's not happening, no fugging way. 

29 minutes ago, Growl said:

Ding ding ding

the team believes they just stole an elite all pro caliber QB (or worse, don’t feel as if having one is essential)

having to watch the rookie QBs go star elsewhere is going to sting a lot

hope you guys don’t have any incriminating posts making fun of bears fans for passing on Watson or mahomes because now we’re very much in danger of it

You actually think that all of these rookies are going to be good lmao

Everything past Lawrence is just as much of a dice roll as Sam Darnold is.

• Pie 1