• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who has more pressure?

Who has the most pressure?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. According to analysts Darnold needs better weapons, better system, better coaching, so where would the pressure lie?

• Sam Darnold
    • The Brass- Rhule, Brady, Tepper.

Coaching and management. I’ll be ready for them to be fired if they don’t get this right. You can’t win without a franchise qb. And if darnold isn’t it then that’s two mistakes in a row that we’ve thrown draft capital and cap space on for shitty qbs. It’ll be red hot seat in 2023 for me.

• Poo 2

Sam Darnold will have a better 2021 than Trevor and Zach Wilson. 

where you play matters.  Darnold will be playing in a very good scheme, good coaching and  with legit weapons.  That matters.  He has never seen such. 

also, the Jets were one of the most injury plagued teams in the NFL while Darnold was there.  So hopefully we can avoid that.   That impacts success too. 

• Pie 7

I’m going with neither. Was looking more and more like QB wasn’t in the cards for us this draft. The four good ones are likely to be gone. The small price tag is worth the potential we’re getting in Darnold and if he ends up still sucking, hopefully we’ll be in position to get Howell or another top QB prospect next year. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Coaching and management. I’ll be ready for them to be fired if they don’t get this right. You can’t win without a franchise qb. And if darnold isn’t it then that’s two mistakes in a row that we’ve thrown draft capital and cap space on for shitty qbs. It’ll be red hot seat in 2023 for me.

They gave up a 2nd. Basically they gave up one 2nd round pick. Considering many here were campaigning that we give up three 1sts for an unproven rookie, how is it in your mind that this is where we got swindled? 

If it doesn’t work out we lose a 2nd... as opposed to three 1sts. Yeah, firing everyone involved seems reasonable I guess...

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

They gave up a 2nd. Basically they gave up one 2nd round pick. Considering many here were campaigning that we give up three 1sts for an unproven rookie, how is it in your mind that this is where we got swindled? 

If it doesn’t work out we lose a 2nd... as opposed to three 1sts. Yeah, firing everyone involved seems reasonable I guess...

A second and 18 million fully guaranteed fifth year option to a guy who threw 9 tds last year. Then the Teddy contract. Sorry but if you’re hedging your cap space and a high draft pick on these types of qbs when this league is a qb driven league then your ass should get fired if it doesn’t work out. 

Edited by TheRumGone

The staff needs to understand exactly what they just did: 

this isn’t just an exploratory move on a possible reclamation project

theyve staked their career on this

if Sam Darnold isn’t a pro bowl QB and another QB in our range is-they should be gone

rhule can go back to coaching amateur ball 

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

A second and 18 million fully guaranteed fifth year option to a guy who threw 9 tds last year. Then the Teddy contract. Sorry but if you’re hedging your cap space and a high draft pick on these types of qbs when this league is a qb driven league then your ass should get fired if it doesn’t work out. 

And if they had thrown three 1sts at a small school prospect and it didn’t work out? Lol okay man

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 1

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I never said we should trade 3 1sts for Lance. 

I know that. But MANY on here have been. If this doesn’t work we are out a 2nd and probably in position to get one of the top 2 prospects next year. I don’t see how this is where people think the franchise is doomed. This actually seems very reasonable to me.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I know that. But MANY on here have been. If this doesn’t work we are out a 2nd and probably in position to get one of the top 2 prospects next year. I don’t see how this is where people think the franchise is doomed. This actually seems very reasonable to me.

This. So if Darnold sucks like he did in NY, we would be in line for a top 2 pick. Not that terrible to give up a 2nd to get your franchise QB. 

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

The staff needs to understand exactly what they just did: 

this isn’t just an exploratory move on a possible reclamation project

theyve staked their career on this

if Sam Darnold isn’t a pro bowl QB and another QB in our range is-they should be gone

rhule can go back to coaching amateur ball 

Nobody’s career is staked on this. They didn’t spend much on a guy with high potential. His price tag was low enough that if the guy they actually wanted surprises them and is available in the draft they could still take him. A future second and some filler picks for a rental QB while the rookie sits and learns isn’t a bad model to follow. If the guy they wanted isn’t available, at least we’re not stuck with Teddy. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2