• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule "a fan" of Darnold

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Yea I would imagine who they have as bpa will be the pick. Either of those 2 tackles, Pitts or maybe even Chase(not likely I think Miami or Cincy grabs him) or a cb.

Can you imagine if you draft first 3 pick on Oline just like we did on DL last year and put 4th,5th,6th rounder pick based on what we need. I wouldn't surprise if we draft Horn or Slater on Our 8th pick no cap

Just now, Waldo said:

I just don't have much left to give to this lot. Not enough positives and I am tired of just huffing hope. This is another big move into absolute bleak for me. I went to my first game at Clemson against the 49ers, it hurts but it has been worse every year since 2015. It's beyond frustration, one fugging positive that was intentional and I could want to believe again. I'm ready for the next house cleaning before that. Maybe it is early but it is time for me. I am 100% against all at this time. Sooner that happens the sooner I have the opportunity to see Panther football in a positive again. 

If this doesn’t work out then remember we didn’t mortgage the future for it. Trading up in the draft for a QB that didn’t work out would set us much farther back than this did.

All I’m saying is keep that in perspective. I’m optimistic that Darnold could turn his career around here. But if he can’t, we are only out a 2nd. We aren’t married to him like we would have been in a trade up scenario 

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Both options are bad...we needed to actually start a rebuild last year. Not sign Teddy and not give that contract to CMC. We made bad decisions then and now we're in a bad spot. The panthers way.

I agree with you completely. We should be picking 1 or 2 but I’m just glad we didn’t mortgage the future for Darnold. That’s what trading up would have looked like. This is a better gamble imo even if it doesn’t work out. 

• Pie 1

IMO I think this trade for Darnold could be a pick-up for the panthers. Your not giving the whole world for a big qb in the draft that may turn up to be a burning trash can which a lot of rookie qb's have been. This allows the team BPA for the other needs of the team. If you draft a long-term LT for years to come, or a CB that can play alongside Donte Jackson that could become the panthers #1 CB! Allowing them to draft players that they can build the team around. 

People are judging Darnold for his progress with the NYJ, but he hasn't had a coach or play caller that has allowed him to play at his greatest potential!

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree with you completely. We should be picking 1 or 2 but I’m just glad we didn’t mortgage the future for Darnold. That’s what trading up would have looked like. This is a better gamble imo even if it doesn’t work out. 

I think its very unlikely he becomes a franchise guy. Could be a decent backup I guess.

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

What was our record in 2021? I typically don’t like spoilers but seeing as you already know how next season plays out, you might as well save me the time I guess.

I think we're likely in the 5-7 win range. You know, right where we currently are. Sucky but not quite sucky enough to be in a position to land a franchise QB prospect. Low end mediocrity seems to be our goal.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think we're likely in the 5-7 win range. You know, right where we currently are. Sucky but not quite sucky enough to be in a position to land a franchise QB prospect. Low end mediocrity seems to be our goal.

Good to know. Now the only mystery is why you are still bothering wasting your time here since you’ve got it all figured out before we even get to the draft. 

54 minutes ago, SmartyHurney4 said:

God damn I'm so fuging glad the scapegoat Hurney aint around this year.

No more of the forum beating the blind deaf kid to death because the crops aren't growing.

Tepper and Rhule have made their bed, and they're going to fuging lie in it. 

Atrocious moves.

Of course they are, if you call them atrocious before anyone plays a down.  Look, this aint fantasy football--this about team concept and fit.  Maybe he busts here--but you know, maybe Wilson would have too.  Maybe Fields will be terrible.  Maybe Lance is really Mark Sanchez in disguise.

• Pie 1