• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is a win win situation. Yall need to stop trippin

Agent Blue

2 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Lmaoooo “if he sucks we get a high pick” 

you realize we could’ve started teddy and done that without forfeiting a 2nd? Which, if we suck, will be a very early second? 

Teddy has no upside and isn't a spring buck anymore. 

Apples to oranges. 

4 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

What draft have y'all seen Sewell drop pass 5???

I need to know, Sewell is like to next best thing outside of the QBs. If so many teams didn't need/want a QB he would definitely be 2nd overall...the delusional is contagious on this board, I just started a thread on peewee QBs yeah I'm going to bed.

Sewell at 8, that's like saying Fields at 1 Lawrence falls to 49ers, because the Jets still take (buster)Z.Wilson

Several actually.  First 3 are QBs, Atlanta takes Pitts, Cincy takes Chase, Miami goes WR, Detroit takes a CB

Seems most here are under the delusion that a top QB will be available at pick 8.  Not likely.  Once the Watson drama started to unfold it became clear we have almost no shot of landing a top quality QB. 

We effectively gave up one pick that had a better than average chance at panning out as a quality player in order to pick up someone who I think we can all agree has untapped potential.

6 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

What draft have y'all seen Sewell drop pass 5???

I need to know, Sewell is like to next best thing outside of the QBs. If so many teams didn't need/want a QB he would definitely be 2nd overall...the delusional is contagious on this board, I just started a thread on peewee QBs yeah I'm going to bed.

Sewell at 8, that's like saying Fields at 1 Lawrence falls to 49ers, because the Jets still take (buster)Z.Wilson

Some teams like Slater better so possibly 5 QBs, Pitts, and Slater/Chase/Smith could all go 1-7. I’ll be happy with Slater too.

6 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Even if Sam continues his terrible trajectory  our team is talented enough to fall into 5 wins. We won 5 last year with the most inexperienced D in the league, Teddy and no CMC.

This is not a win win, chances are we end up 8-8 drafting in the middle of round one, looking to trade up while we just traded away assets that would have helped.

Giving up a 6th this year isnt much of an asset. Even the 4th next year can be overcome, the gamble is the 2nd pick but it is a gamble that may pay off. Hell we got a 5th for Kyle Allen maybe we can get one for tedd vtwo gloves 

3 hours ago, Agent Blue said:

there is a reason why sam was a #3 overall pick and those other guys werent. 

again, apples to oranges. 

And there’s a reason kurt Warner and Tony romo were awesome while Ryan leaf and Jamarcus Russell sucked. It’s been 3 years. He’s not good

7 hours ago, Smithers said:

Several actually.  First 3 are QBs, Atlanta takes Pitts, Cincy takes Chase, Miami goes WR, Detroit takes a CB

Miami passing up on Sewell yeah right, Did you not see them scrambling at LT late last year? Cincy could possibly take Chase but I highly doubt it, Burrow needs protection more than weapons.