• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance 2nd Pro Day

CPsinceDay1

54 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

And I posted many links proving they had the biggest gap in talent in the entire country.

You have no proof that the talent gap at NDSU isn’t bigger against their competitors than OSUs talent gap against theirs. And talent gap is an opinion. It’s not factual. Trey Lance is oozing with talent, is he not? But evaluators didn’t have him at 5 stars or 4 stars, right? Because talent recruitment is opinion. It’s not steeped in facts. Would anyone argue Kyle Allen has more talent than Trey Lance? Not if you have a brain. 

But he was considered to be more talented and thus he was recruited heavily. If recruiting classes and star rankings determined actual production then Texas A&M should have been way more successful the last 5-6 seasons. Talent evaluation is just an opinion. 

18 minutes ago, Varking said:

Are you just trying to troll at this point? 

FYI: You're going back and forth with a guy who regularly posts strong opinions for which he has no backup, including game performances where discussion makes it painfully obvious he didn't see the game.

Folks have caught him on this before by making up plays that didn't happen. He'll claim to have seen them and say that they support his argument.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: You're going back and forth with a guy who regularly posts strong opinions for which he has no backup, including game performances where discussion makes it painfully obvious he didn't see the game.

Folks have caught him on this before by making up plays that didn't happen. He'll claim to have seen them and say that they support his argument.

Copy that lmao. I’ll try and ignore my next couple notifications from him. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Varking said:

You have no proof that the talent gap at NDSU isn’t bigger against their competitors than OSUs talent gap against theirs. And talent gap is an opinion. It’s not factual. Trey Lance is oozing with talent, is he not? But evaluators didn’t have him at 5 stars or 4 stars, right? Because talent recruitment is opinion. It’s not steeped in facts. Would anyone argue Kyle Allen has more talent than Trey Lance? Not if you have a brain. 

But he was considered to be more talented and thus he was recruited heavily. If recruiting classes and star rankings determined actual production then Texas A&M should have been way more successful the last 5-6 seasons. Talent evaluation is just an opinion. 

Like I already stated it almost impossible to find the real gap in the small schools, but that’s not the argument I’m making. Your the one saying it so go ahead and find me the talent gap.

You mean the same Texas A&M that finished 9-1 only losing to Alabama with same exact score as Ohio State? That Tamu? Lol

The recruiting ranking aren’t the end all be all but they are by far the most important thing. Go look at the last decade of national champions. Only two teams were outside the 10 (#13 Clemson with Watson)  (#16 Auburn with Cam) two of the best CFB  players ever. So yeah it matters.

Again I’m sure the QB who just got cut and there threw for 50 TD before Fields also had a small gap and tough schedule or the UDFA who had over 40 TD must’ve been in hell carrying all those scrubs, or the current WR with 38 TD. Seems like theirs a trend of OSU QBs lighting up the big 10.

Go look at the QBs stats over the last 8-10 years, only Oklahoma QBs have had it easier. If you really believe Fields faced the toughest competition idk what to tell you all the numbers say the exact opposite 

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

If you really believe Fields faced the toughest competition idk what to tell you all the numbers say the exact opposite 

Again, this is made up ^ We literally gave you numbers that call you out on this lie and you keep running with it. 

I’m replying to you just to let you know that I’m not ignoring you but I’m not going to be replying to you further in this thread due to a lot of factors including a lot of opinion information shared as facts, ignoring the facts and stats when people present them to you, along with posters on this board I respect saying it’s pointless chatting with you. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Varking said:

Again, this is made up ^ We literally gave you numbers that call you out on this lie and you keep running with it. 

I’m replying to you just to let you know that I’m not ignoring you but I’m not going to be replying to you further in this thread due to a lot of factors including a lot of opinion information shared as facts, ignoring the facts and stats when people present them to you, along with posters on this board I respect saying it’s pointless chatting with you. 

You haven’t gave me a single strand of evidence to back up your claims, not only that you clearly avoid all the topics you know are lost causes. Aka the rest of the OSU QBs

im the only one posting link after link, but you have your mind set already

1 minute ago, GoobyPls said:

You haven’t gave me a single strand of evidence to back up your claims, not only that you clearly avoid all the topics you know are lost causes. Aka the rest of the OSU QBs

im the only one posting link after link, but you have your mind set already

I acknowledge your post. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah some definite cherry picking going on.  Fields faced the toughest defenses of any QB in this draft. He didn’t have his top WR some of his line and other starters against these teams.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.buckeyextra.com/amp/3828058001

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/ohio-state-covid-list-alabama/1lmo5oskb36ce1qx8ie66s9uvv
(yeah that’s 14 players out against the top team)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2020/12/19/ohio-state-inactives-big-ten-championship
(22 against NW including his top WR and WR coach)

Yeah all teams had to play around this virus but it crushed Ohio St and the had to miss games entirely as a team.

Here is a strength of schedule ranking with Ohio St ranked at.... ONE.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

Now this site ranks the rosters based on recruiting. Ohio St was 5 last year and 14 in 2019. Clemson was 3, and 10 while Alabama was 2 and 1.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-college-footballs-rosters-2020%3famp

“75 percent of Field’s career opponents rank in the top 20 in defensive SP+. That’s by far the highest average of any QB in this year’s class. “

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2021/4/14/22383093/justin-fields-draft-stock-narratives-pro-day?__twitter_impression=true

C89551A4-DC45-4937-ADF8-685EA323BF92.jpeg

Also funny to think this guy believes previous QBs at a school should determine what we think of the current QB. That’s how you pass on a Pat Mahomes and a Justin Herbert. It would also make me never take a NDSU QB or a modern day Alabama QB. 

Just consistent awful takes. 

Edited by Varking
  • Beer 2