Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

While I take it with a grain of salt, I'm not one to simply discard the reddit platform that is reshaping the way financial markets work.  

And that has what to do with NFL news???

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

How many undersized pass rushers does one team need? If the deal is cheap enough it makes sense for us to give him a look, but surely he has to realize there's probably a better roster opportunity for him out there.

Undersized or not, Ingram has made a living getting after the QB. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

God o mighty. 

That pass rush with Clowney on one side and Garrett on the other.....

 

LOL his career high was in 2017 with 9.5. besides 2018 his highest is 6. He's been finessing folks since the Michigan play!!!! Fraudulent 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

LOL his career high was in 2017 with 9.5. besides 2018 his highest is 6. He's been finessing folks since the Michigan play!!!! Fraudulent 

I was one of the idiots who questioned Pep's drive/work ethic back in the day. He was so physically domineering he just HAD to be able to be better. Even when he was dominant. 

I thought the same about Clowney's drive. But, then you see the way he plays the run. One of the best in the game before last season. 

It can't be coaching, because he's played for damn near all of em at this point. I don't get it. 

He is clearly a physical freak. And a player who is just loafing it doesn't rack up run stops. And yet...

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I was one of the idiots who questioned Pep's drive/work ethic back in the day. He was so physically domineering he just HAD to be able to be better. Even when he was dominant. 

I thought the same about Clowney's drive. But, then you see the way he plays the run. One of the best in the game before last season. 

It can't be coaching, because he's played for damn near all of em at this point. I don't get it. 

He is clearly a physical freak. And a player who is just loafing it doesn't rack up run stops. And yet...

@Mistuh Jones is right guy is living off his college days and frankly its sad watching team pay the guy based on "potential" what five years later... Guy is a lazy bum living off god given talents.

1082427827646095361

Nelson took his soul much of the game.

 

 

  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

I was one of the idiots who questioned Pep's drive/work ethic back in the day. He was so physically domineering he just HAD to be able to be better. Even when he was dominant. 

I thought the same about Clowney's drive. But, then you see the way he plays the run. One of the best in the game before last season. 

It can't be coaching, because he's played for damn near all of em at this point. I don't get it. 

He is clearly a physical freak. And a player who is just loafing it doesn't rack up run stops. And yet...

Only thing I can think of, without having seen a ton of him since he left the Texans is that I know he lined up all over the front 7 while in Houston, including a lot of snaps on the interior and/or ending up rushing inside because of stunts, and they dropped him in coverage quite a bit too.  Obviously, rushing on the interior isn't advantageous for guys primarily built to rush from the edge, so I think scheme has contributed it some...  but, I agree, his numbers overall have been very disappointing as a pass rusher.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Only thing I can think of, without having seen a ton of him since he left the Texans is that I know he lined up all over the front 7 while in Houston, including a lot of snaps on the interior and/or ending up rushing inside because of stunts, and they dropped him in coverage quite a bit too.  Obviously, rushing on the interior isn't advantageous for guys primarily built to rush from the edge, so I think scheme has contributed it some...  but, I agree, his numbers overall have been very disappointing as a pass rusher.

He also had a pretty bad knee injury, don't know if he ever really recovered. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stumpy said:

Lazy bums don't stop runs.*

*See Irvin, Bruce 2019

https://twitter.com/i/status/1081689645166022656

https://twitter.com/i/status/1082413208965734400

I dont know why links didnt work in the first one, but these are just Nelson removing Clowneys' soul for most of the game. Nelson doesnt have Clowney gifts, but in the NFL work matters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...