• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

Just now, stbugs said:

That’s still sore man. Stop poking. If Marty was functional, we could today have an OL of Becton, LG, McCoy, RG and Moton where the guards could have been pick 77 or 100 in 2019 or 83 in 2018 (both deep IOL drafts). I mean mid 3rd round picks are terrible for picking guards, right?

We’d have a full, young, studly OL signed for years with 1 extension that Teddy and Short could have paid for and all we would have lost is Brown. That’s it. OL solved for years on the cheap and we’d only have to trade Brown for it. I love Brown but game changer and we are picking up injured reclamation projects for a decent amount instead. Actually, since we wouldn’t have to use 8 on Sewell, we basically wouldn’t really have lost Brown, we’d just add a stud OL to our team at no cost. All we had to do was fire Hurney earlier and somehow convince him not to take Gaulden.

I know it's a sore spot for you. Trust me, it is for me too.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Knowing the Saints took a potential perennial pro-bowl center 1 pick after our original slot is the worst part. Losing Norwell and Kalil, McCoy was my favorite for round 2. Just sitting there and we took the worst OL at the combine drills. Couldn’t have been more obvious that he’d fail. How many guys fall from mid first to off top 50 lists due to the combine drills? People drop for drug tests and Brown dropped because he was fat and lazy, but none of those guys dropped because they couldn’t do the OL drills.

Marty's gone, man.

That's the best thing I can tell you.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That we've been a stupid team in the past is true.

I'm really hoping the "stupid" left with Marty.

We shall see in about 30 or so hours.

Hope isn't really a method of completion though.  The guy who owns the team, the one that really makes us all nervous, the one who kept Ron and Marty here when he took over, and kept Marty here 1 year after firing Ron...I mean, are we sure the "stupid" left, or did it just change it's name?

When Tepper starts doing smart things, I'll start to trust the team again.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Verge said:

If they did not move out of that spot I would do 

1. Lawrence 
2. Wilson 
3. Jones
4. Lance 
5. Chase 
6. Pitts 
7. Sewell 
8. Horn 

I have really cut down on my drinking over the past year or so, this....this right here may send me right back to my watering hole.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Just now, stbugs said:

I would welcome taking Fields at that point over a CB. I don’t care if it stunts someone’s development. At this point a CB isn’t going to help us if Darnold doesn’t develop. Fields would at least give us a better chance to fill the QB void with a franchise guy. Sign Darnold to 5th year and make 2021 a battleground. We can still release Darnold or he shows and Fields does too and we can extract a bounty and have the knowledge that we have a good going QB.

Picking horn at 8 is just insanity

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

My mock draft is going to end up being wrong if the Lions stay put, because like I said in the mock, if they stick at 7 they are taking Sewell. Which super sucks for us. Hoping a team trades into their spot to take a QB. 

Especially if Mac Jones falls please don’t let us draft him. SMDH

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I would welcome taking Fields at that point over a CB. I don’t care if it stunts someone’s development. At this point a CB isn’t going to help us if Darnold doesn’t develop. Fields would at least give us a better chance to fill the QB void with a franchise guy. Sign Darnold to 5th year and make 2021 a battleground. We can still release Darnold or he shows and Fields does too and we can extract a bounty and have the knowledge that we have a good going QB.

I MUCH prefer Fields to Horn at 8....and I'm not a big Fields guy.

If we are going to take a CB, trade back, recoup some spent assets, and at the very least go heavy on IOL in the 2nd...maybe even if a T falls.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

We shall see in about 30 or so hours.

Hope isn't really a method of completion though.  The guy who owns the team, the one that really makes us all nervous, the one who kept Ron and Marty here when he took over, and kept Marty here 1 year after firing Ron...I mean, are we sure the "stupid" left, or did it just change it's name?

When Tepper starts doing smart things, I'll start to trust the team again.

Well, maybe this will help.

There were guys Tepper wanted for the GM job, including guys that nobody else was interviewing (seriously, Brandt Tillis?) and there were guys that Matt Rhule wanted for the GM job.

None of Tepper's guys even made it to the second round. Rhule won that debate.

I'd call that a reason for hope.

• Pie 1