• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Regular Season MVP...

Zod

Without Peppers, we might only have 10 sacks all year.

Still not sure if he is worth the money he will demand, but without him our defense would be very bad instead of the average that it is now.

Gotta agree there. Think about the relatively low number of sacks that our other D-linemen get with Peppers in there. Then, picture what they would do without Peppers drawing attention away from them. It wouldn't be pretty.

I voted for Beason (it was a toss-up between him and DeAngelo), but if Brad Hoover would have been an option, I would have voted for him.

His play this season has contributed a TON to the improvement of our running game. The offensive line as a whole has been great as well, but as with most good lines, you can't single out an individual player.

Yes he has. MVP is the most valuable player, not the best player.

Deangelo is great, but also has a solid backup. Jake is just good, but there would be a larger dropoff than with Deangelo.

Which is why I went with Beason. Guy has played almost every snap and is the true focal point of that D.

i voted deangelo but not for the usual reasons. i have been impressed with the changes he has made from previous seasons to this one.

his tenacity in practice, the extra effort he puts in running to the endzone and the maturity he has exhibited has put him not only light years beyond where he was prior to this season but also is rubbing off on others around him, particularly stewart. he has been totally unselfish and while many with his talent and level of success would turn into a prima donna....he has been content to remain as but a part of a much bigger picture.

while much of what he has become is due to the example of those people and vet players who have brought him along and guided him, not everyone listens to advice and heeds it nor are they always willing to share it.

he isn't alone in his improvements but he is indicative of what this team has become and will be for some time.

i guess it's because he is the symbol for the team.

That's a valid point, however we are a running team. The most important cog in a running team is the running back.

While I agree with the vote, I don't with this statment. By far the most important cog in a running team is the blocking of the offensive line, fullback, and receivers.

I think if we didn't have DWill - we would be good, just not as good....I'd subtract 2-3 wins.

I think if we didn't have Jake - we would be good w/ an improved ground game this year and better option at backup QB....I'd subtract 2-4 wins.

I think if we didn't have Peppers - our average D would become a horrible D. I'm talking about....HORRIBLE. Peppers does a lot and even though fans still rip him...he makes everyone on the DL better simply for the gameplanning and concern the opposing team has over him. Teams would have a much easier time attacking us......pretty easy job anyway right now....I'd subtract 3-5 wins.....therefore I voted Peppers.

DWill has been the most impressive.

Hard to argue with all the Williams homerism. He is having an outstanding year. As has been mentioned he came into training camp as a man on a mission. He has earned all the accolades and more. I hope he keeps doing it so we can look on this year as the year where both he and the team had the breakout year.

If you know what I mean............

Archived