• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King has us taking Justin Fields

GoobyPls

1 hour ago, Basbear said:

This is my guess as of today it just changed-

1- Sunshine

2-Wilson

3-Jones

4-Pitts

5- Chase

6- Smith (might be Sewell here)

7- Waddle

8- Fields

FIFY....Pretty close but Cincy actually has some investment in OL already.  

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

This would be great. Darnold starts the season, maybe finishes the season. Give Fields an easy transition to the NFL, lose Darnold in FA if necessary the next year and possibly get a comp pick for him. If we get a 3rd for him, that’s the value of what we traded for him anyway, so we break even or at worst spent a round or two of draft position for a year rental to give Fields all the time he needs. Well worth it. 

• Pie 1

Rapoport said similar on the Rich Eisen show with a caveat. He can't tell if the Panthers actually want Fields (said Tepper was pushing for him), or if we're just running a smokescreen to get someone to trade above us for him and push somebody down to us. 

Feel like maybe McShay said similar recently as well. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

FIFY....Pretty close but Cincy actually has some investment in OL already.  

If that happens, I hope they listen to teams close to 8 for trades.....ignore and draft Sewell!!

1- Sunshine

2-Wilson

3-Jones

4-Pitts/Fields/Lance

5- Chase/Sewell/Pitts/trade

6- Smith/Chase/Waddle/Pitts

7- Waddle/Fields/Lance/Chase/Slater/Sewell/trade

8- Chase/Sewell/Horn/Smith/Waddle/Sustian

Add the names to 3-8. I think/hope panthers hold firm and truly take the BPA. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

If that happens, I hope they listen to teams close to 8 for trades.....ignore and draft Sewell!!

1- Sunshine

2-Wilson

3-Jones

4-Pitts/Fields/Lance

5- Chase/Sewell/Pitts/trade

6- Smith/Chase/Waddle/Pitts

7- Waddle/Fields/Lance/Chase/Slater/Sewell/trade

8- Chase/Sewell/Horn/Smith/Waddle/Sustian

Add the names to 3-8. I think/hope panthers hold firm and truly take the BPA. 

There is no trade amount that would make me not choose Sewell in that scenario.  

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Basbear said:

I agree he is number 1-5 on my want list. 

2 months ago I was mentally prepared that at pick 8 we were going to get mac jones.  Today I am mentally prepared that I am going to break something of significant value in my house come Thursday night.  Maybe its the battered fan syndrome in me but I have a feeling we are going to fug this up just like last year. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

2 months ago I was mentally prepared that at pick 8 we were going to get mac jones.  Today I am mentally prepared that I am going to break something of significant value in my house come Thursday night.  Maybe its the battered fan syndrome in me but I have a feeling we are going to fug this up just like last year. 

I got you one better. Panthers lose the WFT game, picking 3rd. Turn down 49ers three 1sts and 3rd trade offer and draft Mac "fuging" Jones....

I think the first will be form this group Sewell-Slater-Smith-Waddle-Chase. Not buying the QB talk, its a OT or stud WR .............darkhorse is Horn

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I got you one better. Panthers lose the WFT game, picking 3rd. Turn down 49ers three 1sts and 3rd trade offer and draft Mac "fuging" Jones....

I think the first will be form this group Sewell-Slater-Smith-Waddle-Chase. Not buying the QB talk, its a OT or stud..... WR darkhorse is Horn

If we pick Horn at 8, my prized 2015 signed Panther football me have its case broken and punted into the community pool.  I would go ballistic if that happened

11 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Maybe you should consider looking at the brighter side of life and realize that the Panthers know more than you do.  Its ok.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we pick Horn at 8, my prized 2015 signed Panther football me have its case broken and punted into the community pool.  I would go ballistic if that happened

I dont value ANY CB at the 8th pick, theres a huge gap for me between Sewell/top 3 WRs and Horn/Sustain/Farely. Not as big a gap but Id still prefer Slater over the 3 CBs. Id honestly take Kwity Paye over 3 CBs, just far more value at OT/WR/DE than CB.....unless its a prime revis clone. 

I dont know about the New GM Fitterer, but I know he should value LT/DE/WR over CB too. There is whispers about Panthers targeting Sustain and/or Horn. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Maybe you should consider looking at the brighter side of life and realize that the Panthers know more than you do.  Its ok.

Nah, when it comes to panthers drafting, I feel like I know more than them and their game plan.  Until the current staff proves me wrong I will feel like that.  We should have gotten a tackle last year, we should have never drafted Little, and we sure as hell should never have drafted Willy, we shouldnt have Rashaan Gaulden etc, I could go on but you get the idea.  I think more times than not we try to be cute with the draft and I am praying Fit doesnt continue the trend. 

• Beer 1