• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King has us taking Justin Fields

GoobyPls

50 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

He’s actually been the most accurate NFL analyst these past two seasons when it comes to mock drafts, for whatever that’s worth.

He only makes one mock draft FYI 

https://sports.nbcsports.com/2021/04/26/peter-kings-final-2021-nfl-mock-draft/

But even he admits here: "As I wrote last week, Carolina hates the fact that the franchise has averaged 6.2 picks per draft in the last eight years when the average team has 8.1. I’m not sure at all they’d use the pick here on Fields, because they’re truly optimistic about Sam Darnold."

He admits that he's only speculating and immediately argues against his own pick with sound logic. If I publicly state a pick I'm confident of I do not go on to explain why my pick makes zero sense. 

Peter King sucks but this pick would make me feel hopeful about 2021. Will Grier and PJ Walker are not unknowns we have seen them in action so a quarterback in one of the early rounds seems inevitable even if Fields isn't available. I know the team is talking up Sam as they should be but they are not rolling the dice with just Darnold without going down swinging on draft night.

• Pie 1

Almost has to be the pick of he is there.  I definitely start Darnold and if he plays well he becomes a major asset.  With these rookie QB contracts having Fields as the backup is fine.  Its not like picking up Darnolds option breaks the bank here.  Darnold starting and Fields waiting in the wings is an amazing QB situation IMO.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 6