• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Today says Panthers got a best of Day 2 Pick

Zod

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree. Apple is too honestly but I’m so used to their phones. Started building PCs a few years ago and wondered how the hell I ever switched to Apple in the first place

They have fantastic marketing. 

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I agree. Apple is too honestly but I’m so used to their phones. Started building PCs a few years ago and wondered how the hell I ever switched to Apple in the first place

I am samsung all day every day. Everything I do is with google apps and that is native on this OS. Make the swtich. A week of getting used to it and you won't look back. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

I think he will. The talent is there, he just needs a chance. ND has always had great TEs, he was sort of buried and now he won’t be. 

He had more drops then tds and then got buried on the depth chart by two younger guys. I’ve seen a couple double catches but he also made some terrific ones. I don’t wanna go as far as to say he has awful hands.

It feels like he wasn’t developed at all once those two younger guys came in with plus receiving ability. He just got relegated to mostly blocking. I’m hopefully he can develop. So I wouldn’t say completely write him off but I won’t be surprised if all he can do with this team is block. I’m sure Brady has some stuff for him in the receiving department but we also have Arnold who is strictly a pass catching te. We’ll see. 

Just now, Floppin said:

They have fantastic marketing. 

They pioneered a lot (iPod, iPhone etc) but I’m a pretty avid gamer and back to building awesome gaming rigs and it’s crazy what I can build for $2k vs what Apple has to offer for the same price. 

They were innovative but are now pretty stagnant. And Apple eliminates the users ability to customize and upgrade which is absolutely stupid if you are comfortable replacing parts yourself which is really quite easy to do

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

My supervisor at NCSU loves macs so I have to use one at work.  🤮 if I was on graphic design it'd be one thing...

I've got a Samsung phone but am moving to Canada and getting an unlocked Pixel to give it a try for my new phone plan.

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Zod said:

I am samsung all day every day. Everything I do is with google apps and that is native on this OS. Make the swtich. A week of getting used to it and you won't look back. 

I will with my next phone. Already had decided to. Once I build my latest PC I literally told my buddy “the phone is next” just from a user standpoint. It’s far superior.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

He had more drops then tds and then got buried on the depth chart by two younger guys. I’ve seen a couple double catches but he also made some terrific ones. I don’t wanna go as far as to say he has awful hands.

It feels like he wasn’t developed at all once those two younger guys came in with plus receiving ability. He just got relegated to mostly blocking. I’m hopefully he can develop. So I wouldn’t say completely write him off but I won’t be surprised if all he can do with this team is block. I’m sure Brady has some stuff for him in the receiving department but we also have Arnold who is strictly a pass catching te. We’ll see. 

I think guys have more of a willingness to learn how to become refined receivers than nasty blockers so that’s a big plus. He’s already got that hard part down. Not that receiving is easy, but take a talented receiver and try to teach him to be a nasty blocker. They rarely want to learn to hit and get dirty. This is preferable from that standpoint at least.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

They pioneered a lot (iPod, iPhone etc) but I’m a pretty avid gamer and back to building awesome gaming rigs and it’s crazy what I can build for $2k vs what Apple has to offer for the same price. 

They were innovative but are now pretty stagnant. And Apple eliminates the users ability to customize and upgrade which is absolutely stupid if you are comfortable replacing parts yourself which is really quite easy to do

Their closed source business model is pretty  much the exact reason that I've always refused to buy any of their products. I've had to use plenty for work situations but I won't ever own one myself. I've been building gaming rigs for 25 years.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I think guys have more of a willingness to learn how to become refined receivers than nasty blockers so that’s a big plus. He’s already got that hard part down. Not that receiving is easy, but take a talented receiver and try to teach him to be a nasty blocker. They rarely want to learn to hit and get dirty. This is preferable from that standpoint at least.

I definitely think this was a good pick especially with our oline troubles. This dudes blocking is absolutely ridiculous. If he can become even an average pass catcher that would help.  I personally am chilled on getting excited about the kittle comp. That is this dudes absolute highest ceiling and I’d say it’s unlikely to happen. I’ll be rooting for him tho!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

I definitely think this was a good pick especially with our oline troubles. This dudes blocking is absolutely ridiculous. If he can become even an average pass catcher that would help.  I personally am chilled on getting excited about the kittle comp. That is this dudes absolute highest ceiling and I’d say it’s unlikely to happen. I’ll be rooting for him tho!

Yeah I don’t buy Kittle at all but he doesn’t need to be that to be a good pick. An elite blocker with average hands is something I’ll happily take. Especially in Brady’s offense where he wants a #3 WR catching balls more than TE anyway. Which is why the Marshall Jr pick is also amazing. Covering Moore, Anderson and Marshall will not be an easy task 

9 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah I don’t buy Kittle at all but he doesn’t need to be that to be a good pick. An elite blocker with average hands is something I’ll happily take. Especially in Brady’s offense where he wants a #3 WR catching balls more than TE anyway. Which is why the Marshall Jr pick is also amazing. Covering Moore, Anderson and Marshall will not be an easy task 

I think the Marshall pick is more of a Robby replacement for next year. He’ll obviously still be used this year but Curtis still hasn’t been replaced. Someone with a source on here said we were looking at jaelon Darden from N. Texas in later rounds. And I know we had scouts at his pro day.

He is one of the twitchiest receiver in this draft but he is limited due to his size. I love the dude. And he fits rhules character. Loves football, plays with a chip on his shoulder and was a team captain. He scored a 7.66 RAS so later round like one of our 6ths or a 5th would be a good spot for him.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Cole Kmet was so good it’s hard for Kelly to play Tremble over him. So when he did play it was mostly for blocking. I also think NDs coaching staff outside of Kelly (tbh I think he’s a tad overrated) is weak. Book was also a factor bc he isn’t that great. 

Edit: I forgot to talk about Mayer the young TE. He’s going to be a future early draft pick and it was hard for tremble to play over him as well. Not a knock on Tremble, he was just never really given a good look. 

Edited by The Lobo