Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Let's pray these things dont occur


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

You put way too much stock in what others think. The PANTHERS made what the PANTHERS thought were the best moves available to them. Again they have put in the work to craft a draft grade for each player they drafted, and they obviously disagree with this “common” idea that each of the players you listed were the better choice. 
 

It’s not apples to oranges. The simple fact again is that anyone can be great, and anyone can flame out. 
 

And again, why would you be sharpening your pitchforks when all you have invested in it is reading the opinions of media outlets who are paid to vomit their stupid takes all over Twatter. 

I am about wanting my team to win titles.

I could care less what others think.

Mac and Fields played elite in college.

If you pass on them and your QB flames out, that is GM/Coach firing material usually.

I actually wanted us to pass on them. I want to see what Sam can do.

But doesn't change the fact that its going to be bad news if that plays out like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

You obviously have never seen the Patriots draft. 

you can miss on any round if you are winning titles.

had Bill consistently missed on rounds 1 and 2 and didn't win, he would be fired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

1. Fields becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

2. Jones becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

3. Suritan becoming an elite CB and Horn flaming out

4. Slater becoming an elite LT and Christensen flaming out

Could keep going but these are the main ones

You must be really fun at parties

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

1. Fields becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

2. Jones becomes a franchise QB with Sam flaming out

3. Suritan becoming an elite CB and Horn flaming out

4. Slater becoming an elite LT and Christensen flaming out

Could keep going but these are the main ones

Betting the 8 pick against the field is unrealistic. There will be pro bowlers even HOF players taking after the top 8 pick. The only way to prevent that is if you had a crystal ball or a time machine. I feel this is the best draft we have had in a while. Do you think Chicago would have picked Mitchell trubisky or even the panther picking CMC in 2017 over  Patrick Mahomes if they had a do over.  Let’s sets realistic goals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

you can miss on any round if you are winning titles.

had Bill consistently missed on rounds 1 and 2 and didn't win, he would be fired.

So you can win titles missing in round 1?  I thought you said "you cant miss in round 1." Which is it?

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

I am about wanting my team to win titles.

I could care less what others think.

Mac and Fields played elite in college.

If you pass on them and your QB flames out, that is GM/Coach firing material usually.

I actually wanted us to pass on them. I want to see what Sam can do.

But doesn't change the fact that its going to be bad news if that plays out like that.

Oh really? I can’t think of one time in recent years a coach has faced backlash when a player they drafted high failed to produce. It happens all the time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

a pre draft grade goes out the window once a guy plays.

sam could have had a perfect grade, but he has played like pure butt cheeks since being in the NFL.

we talking dead last or near dead last on all QB stats.

he has the talent and potential. but he hasn't come close to utilizing it much less maximizing it

 

He has a terrible 2020 season with no help, we all know this. 2019, still with no help, he had a better rating than Baker. They got Baker a better coach with protection/weapons and look at him now. 
https://www.ibtimes.com/best-nfl-quarterbacks-2019-ranking-all-32-starting-qbs-lamar-jackson-russell-wilson-2894543

We are stuck with Darnold now for better or worse, let’s just hope for it’s for the better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

Oh really? I can’t think of one time in recent years a coach has faced backlash when a player they drafted high failed to produce. It happens all the time. 

you missing the point.

it's not just missing on a high draft pick.

it's we need a franchise QB. there were two elite level QBs on the board and we passed over them.

that is a kind of move that will get GMs and coaches fired if what they choose to roll with at QB doesn't pan out and those skipped over players become elite.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Agent Blue said:

its not just missing out.

it's a big miss. Obvious miss.

for example, no one could blame us for taking Cam in 2011, regardless if he sucked and another QB turned out awesome.

 

You're right. its not just missing out, it's YOU missing out. 

YOU are a big miss. Obvious miss

and yet, YOU WON'T be missed

Go Away GIF by NETFLIX

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Agent Blue said:

you missing the point.

it's not just missing on a high draft pick.

it's we need a franchise QB. there were two elite level QBs on the board and we passed over them.

that is a kind of move that will get GMs and coaches fired if what they choose to roll with at QB doesn't pan out and those skipped over players become elite.

THEY AREN’T ELITE QBS

Your personal distaste for Sam Darnold is showing here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Asurfaholic said:

THEY AREN’T ELITE QBS

Your personal distaste for Sam Darnold is showing here. 

Any QB that is projected to go in the top 5/10 picks is considered an elite college QB.

What you talking about? I was for not drafting Fields or Jones.

I want to see what Sam can do with Rhule and Brady.

Sam has a crap load of potential.

Edited by Agent Blue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • sam.jpg

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Sam Darnold has arrived for the Panthers (msn.com) "Through three weeks of the 2021 season, Sam Darnold has already proven to be a legitimate quarterback worthy of the top-10 draft selection he was in 2018.  The former USC Trojans gunslinger has been excellent for the Panthers, who are now 3-0 after beating the Houston Texans on Thursday night...Darnold has been sensational for the Panthers. Perhaps it wasn’t Darnold who held back the Jets. Maybe it was the Jets who strangled and smothered Darnold. Sam Darnold has already accomplished a feat with the Panthers he never reached in three years with Jets - CBSSports.com "Darnold is off to an impressive start in Carolina Darnold completed 23 of 34 passes for 304 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions while rushing for two touchdowns in Carolina's 24-9 victory over the Houston Texans.  Darnold recorded his second consecutive 300-yard passing game in just his third game with the Panthers, something he never accomplished in 38 games with the Jets. Darnold had just four 300-yard passing games with the Jets and already has two with the Panthers. He never had a multi-rushing touchdown game in his career prior to Thursday night and already has three in three games with Carolina. Darnold had just five rushing touchdowns in his three seasons with the Jets.  Through three games, Darnold has completed 68.2 percent of his passes for 888 yards with three touchdowns and an interception (99.0 passer rating). He has combined for six touchdowns in that stretch. Darnold has won as many games with the Panthers (three) as he did in his last 13 games with the Jets.  Darnold joined Cam Newton as the only players in franchise history to throw for 300 yards and rush for two touchdowns in a game. " Stats thru game 3:  2021 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com 2021 NFL Advanced Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com Sam is 7th in QBR 5th  in %On Target throws 9th Lowest int% 11th in  Yds/Cmp 15th in Passer Rating We are 18% done with the season and the numbers are looking good.      
×
×
  • Create New...