• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What in the everloving fruit of the loom croissant butter is this?

Zod

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

It’s not an opinion at all to say the Panthers just committed 19M more to Darnold with little to no upside. If there was any you would have posted it. That’s a fact. All I asked for was one thing. Yet you couldn’t even do that.

That depends on your definition of sad. Pointing out something factual to pop a homer balloon from someone who called you out. Then have that person not be able to defend his point at all is very sad. And typical. 

I posted as much response as your opinion deserves, dude.

(arguably more so)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I posted as much response as your opinion deserves, dude.

(arguably more so)

They should chisel that on your headstone. It’s your standard statement when you are incapable of defending your reality. 

• Beer 2

Thinking the front office made a mistake =/= thinking you are smarter than the front office.

It means you think that the front office is made up of humans, who are by nature prone to mistakes. 

Thinking that someone knows more about something then someone else simply because they are paid to do it is ridiculous. Ideally, that is how it should work but, again we live in a society built by humans. 

Go to Home Depot and chances are, you know more about the tools in the building than the employees do. Most politically active Americans know far more about the issues than the elected officials do.

Hell, I manage a bar at one of the most expensive country clubs on the east coast. We have a multimillion dollar wine cellar and a sommelier who is sitting for his level 3 next week. And we regularly have members whose wine knowledge blows ours away. And they are just wine fans, not professionals who get paid to do it. 

2 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Would you like to provide the post where Mr. Scot made this claim?

My mom always said the least effective way of convincing someone you're smart is telling them you are.

Took me a few years to understand her, but now I get it.

• Pie 1

Gantt comments...

Plenty of people questioned their decision to not take Justin Fields, and drafting a quarterback in the first round is the easiest way to earn forgiveness from a fan base — for a year or two at least.

But instead of rendering Sam Darnold moot, they did the thing his previous team never quite did.

Beyond using the first pick on Horn, the Panthers draft class was a symbolic hug for Darnold. It was a recognition that to make this thing work, they needed to protect their quarterback and give him plenty of parts to work with, without the crippling pressure of him feeling like he needs to save a franchise.

"All I want Sam to do is just take it one day at a time," Rhule said. "Everything for him doesn't have to be a referendum on whether he's a great quarterback or not. He just needs to come into the building and work everyday. I believe the quarterback position is really, really important, but I also believe great teams win. I think Sam is going to be as good as the guys around him, and we've tried to put a lot of really good players around him."

They have a pair of very good starting receivers in DJ Moore and Robby Anderson. But recognizing that Anderson's in the final year of his contract, they brought in Terrace Marshall Jr. and Shi Smith over the weekend, adding targets who can be cultivated and incorporated into the offense. There's also third-round tight end Tommy Tremble , who could be both protection and target.

They also recognized the need to protect Darnold, which is why they invested in tackle Brady Christensen and guard Deonte Brown. Whether Christensen can remain the left tackle he was in college remains to be seen (they're not committing to positions yet), but the Panthers line needed both youth and quantity.

Panthers.com

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Stumpy said:

Thinking the front office made a mistake =/= thinking you are smarter than the front office.

It means you think that the front office is made up of humans, who are by nature prone to mistakes. 

Thinking that someone knows more about something then someone else simply because they are paid to do it is ridiculous. Ideally, that is how it should work but, again we live in a society built by humans. 

Go to Home Depot and chances are, you know more about the tools in the building than the employees do. Most politically active Americans know far more about the issues than the elected officials do.

Hell, I manage a bar at one of the most expensive country clubs on the east coast. We have a multimillion dollar wine cellar and a sommelier who is sitting for his level 3 next week. And we regularly have members whose wine knowledge blows ours away. And they are just wine fans, not professionals who get paid to do it. 

One can disagree but pretending Toomers of all people knows more about what Rhule and Fitterer want more than they do is absurd.

Fitterer is a respected 24 year NFL scout and Toomers is a message board whiner.

• Pie 1