• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schedule release and teams' social media

ladypanther

Heck, when I was a kid, even the draft wasn't such a huge deal (certainly not like it is now).

The NFL has learned how to market everything as if you've just gotta see it!

Kudos to the ladies that run the Panthers social media, though. They make everything fun 🙂

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Heck, when I was a kid, even the draft wasn't such a huge deal (certainly not like it is now).

The NFL has learned how to market everything as if you've just gotta see it!

Kudos to the ladies that run the Panthers social media, though. They make everything fun 🙂

College athletic departments learned this long ago.  Make everything a big production with fanfare, announcing the schedule and revealing the season wallpaper to download, posters, and fan days are all part of marketing and generating excitement to purchase merchandise and attend or watch the games.

Took the nfl long enough to realize that women also wanted to buy jerseys, hats and have our own “woman cave” that wasn’t pink and frilly. 

Not surprised that it’s women that know what sells.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Honest question? Is the schedule release really interesting to most? I can't say I look more than a few games in advance during the season. 

I don’t ordinarily care. I do this year solely because I plan to take my boys to the game in Houston, as we currently live in San Antonio.