• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DaQuan Jones on The Golden Calf of Bristol

Smithers

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is probably a fair take...

It is and it isn’t. Kaepernick was a solid QB in the right system (took his team to the Super Bowl) and still better than a few starters and most backups when he was black balled from the league. The Golden Calf of Bristol just wasn’t an NFL QB and didn’t want to try another position. IMO The Golden Calf of Bristol simply wasn’t good enough and Kap was blackballed for taking a stance. Kap has the skills/ability to be in the league and should have been the past however many years, The Golden Calf of Bristol.... maybe as another position.

4 hours ago, Basbear said:
4 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

I didn’t realize so many players hated The Golden Calf of Bristol. I knew people hated him for kneeling (the OG kneeler), but players? Geesh. Dude is getting killed on Social media for signing a league minimum contract. So strange. 

Can you see the mockery tho? Some players hold being a professional in high ranks and feel its a privilege. In walks a 33 year old that never played TE and he just gets a contract? They should have given him a different job/label, if he wanted to be with his daddy figure. Plus years past and many NFL scouts/coaches asked him to switch positions, now ten years later hes willing?  

Buncha whiny bitches.

1,000's of players get non-guaranteed contracts to show up at camp and try to earn a spot...

...quit bitching and beat the guy out.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

It’s funny there’s all this hubbub for a guy who is basically camp fodder/marketing. He’s not making the final 53. Who cares. 

DaQuan or The Golden Calf of Bristol?  DaQuan is making the team

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It is and it isn’t. Kaepernick was a solid QB in the right system (took his team to the Super Bowl) and still better than a few starters and most backups when he was black balled from the league. The Golden Calf of Bristol just wasn’t an NFL QB and didn’t want to try another position. IMO The Golden Calf of Bristol simply wasn’t good enough and Kap was blackballed for taking a stance. Kap has the skills/ability to be in the league and should have been the past however many years, The Golden Calf of Bristol.... maybe as another position.

Everyone says Kaep was blackballed but the Broncos offered him a contract but it wasn't for the money he wanted so he didn't sign. After that, interest was pretty much zero because no one wanted to pay him what he wanted. Kaep had an opportunity to continue playing, but no opportunity for him to play for the money he wanted. That's not being blackballed.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Everyone says Kaep was blackballed but the Broncos offered him a contract but it wasn't for the money he wanted so he didn't sign. After that, interest was pretty much zero because no one wanted to pay him what he wanted. Kaep had an opportunity to continue playing, but no opportunity for him to play for the money he wanted. That's not being blackballed.

I believe that happened years after he was blackballed. I do remember that happening, but maybe he was making more at that point outside of football than what was offered. I agree though, if he wanted an opportunity he was offered one. It was just several years later once a large portion of players started kneeling too.

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I believe that happened years after he was blackballed. I do remember that happening, but maybe he was making more at that point outside of football than what was offered. I agree though, if he wanted an opportunity he was offered one. It was just several years later once a large portion of players started kneeling too.

It was in 2016, immediately following his stint in SF.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-kap-not-willing-take-broncos-current-pay-cut-offer#:~:text=The Broncos are offering Kaepernick,Adam Schefter reported on Monday.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That article stats he would make more being released. It was when he was still under contract before he was blackballed.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He wasn't willing to play for what teams were willing to pay. That's not blackballed.

So it was while he was still employed and making more money. That would mean he wasn’t blackballed or released yet. That following year is when it got bad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/11/the-colin-kaepernick-alternative-facts-continue-to-percolate/

2017 is when the fake excuses started being made. There is a list of them. So did he turn down the Broncos job? Yes in 2016. He was still under contract for the Niners and was going to make more guaranteed even if they released him which they did. The following year teams wouldn’t even bring him in for a workout.

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So it was while he was still employed and making more money. That would mean he wasn’t blackballed or released yet. That following year is when it got bad.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/11/the-colin-kaepernick-alternative-facts-continue-to-percolate/

2017 is when the fake excuses started being made. There is a list of them. So did he turn down the Broncos job? Yes in 2016. He was still under contract for the Niners and was going to make more guaranteed even if they released him which they did. The following year teams wouldn’t even bring him in for a workout.

So Kaep made a business decision. I don't blame him for that. Then he priced himself out of the market. There's no need to bring a guy in for a workout if you had preliminary talks with his agent and know you're not paying what he wants. Kaep had his price and no one wanted to pay it so he pursued other opportunities ironically largely created by no one wanting to pay his price. I don't put any blame for that situation on anyone.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

So Kaep made a business decision. I don't blame him for that. Then he priced himself out of the market. There's no need to bring a guy in for a workout if you had preliminary talks with his agent and know you're not paying what he wants. Kaep had his price and no one wanted to pay it so he pursued other opportunities ironically largely created by no one wanting to pay his price. I don't put any blame for that situation on anyone.

That’s fair. I think the thought process is his price came down once no teams were showing interest, but yeah that’s speculation. It’s hard to say his actions did not decrease his value originally, which is sad if true.