• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Cap & Available Free Agents

Cap Space & Available Free Agents (C, OT, S)

10) Panthers $14.64M

Available Offensive Tackles

Russell Okung

Rick Wagner

Marshall Newhouse

Dennis Kelly

Ja'Wuan James (injured)

Available Centers

Spencer Pulley

Joe Looney

Austin Reiter

Ben Garland

Hronnis Grassu

Russell Bodine

Available Safeties

Malik Hooker

Tre Boston

Kenny Vaccaro

Bradley McDougald

Jeff Heath

D.J. Swearinger

Jahleel Addae

George Iloka

1 minute ago, ladypanther said:

How much do we need to sign the remaining draft class and how much did Fitterer say they wanted to save for the season to pick up players as needed?

Not sure, but I am betting most all of that money is spoken for.

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

How much do we need to sign the remaining draft class and how much did Fitterer say they wanted to save for the season to pick up players as needed?

This is what leaves me to believe we won't pickup anyone else. I think our FO is content on who we have and the competition we have brought in in positions of need like Safety, Tackle, D-Line, Linebacker, WR3, Corner, etc.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I saw an early estimate for our rookie pool cap space at 4.5M.   That's before the extra draft picks were added.   So now it's maybe 6M ??

2021 rookie pool cap space estimates

This is where we'll see a change in approach with Fit+Rhule.

We won't be scurrying to sign voids in the roster after drafts as Hurney did.  They filled it prior to a comfort level so they could draft who they wanted.  I wouldn't expect much movement on the FA front.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, saX man said:

This is where we'll see a change in approach with Fit+Rhule.

We won't be scurrying to sign voids in the roster after drafts as Hurney did.  They filled it prior to a comfort level so they could draft who they wanted.  I wouldn't expect much movement on the FA front.

Excellent take on this topic.  

I also don't see the Panthers adding much of anybody now (outside of an injury replacement).

• Beer 1

I don't think we will  sign anyone to "fill holes" but has the offseason programs ramp up and the season gets closer they will be adjustments to the roster. Some people will be cut and others added. A free agent may still be brought in if the guys any of the guys we have aren't pulling their weight or has was previously mentioned, they are injuries.

Edited by Michael G

We've already signed a veritable MASH unit in FA, might as well roll the dice on Malik Hooker. He's a way better option at FS than anyone currently on the roster. If he stays healthy, we get a significant upgrade. If he predictably gets hurt then we're no worse off than we were before. With his injury history he should come cheap.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've already signed a veritable MASH unit in FA, might as well roll the dice on Malik Hooker. He's a way better option at FS than anyone currently on the roster. If he stays healthy, we get a significant upgrade. If he predictably gets hurt then we're no worse off than we were before. With his injury history he should come cheap.

Is the week 2 vet rule still a thing? Hooker might be waiting til that point if it is.

2 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

This is what leaves me to believe we won't pickup anyone else. I think our FO is content on who we have and the competition we have brought in in positions of need like Safety, Tackle, D-Line, Linebacker, WR3, Corner, etc.

I agree with this. If we have a rash of TC injuries, that could change based on need but I don't think they are looking to add any 30+ year old guys unless they have no other choice.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I agree with this. If we have a rash of TC injuries, that could change based on need but I don't think they are looking to add any 30+ year old guys unless they have no other choice.

I think we're trying to be as friendly as possible with our cap and wanting to let some of what's left be for emergency pickup's if injuries occur. Also to rollover what's left into next year. Next off-season could be one of the biggest. We will improve this year, but I think we next off-season's additions will leap us into contention (playoff contention, hold off on any super bowl talks)

• Pie 2